Pre-Game Talk: Season opener @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Things would be different if we had Cherepanov and hadn't drafted that loser what's his name.
Hank would've had that save last year, age has crept up on him.
Fire AV, we look listless.
Should've never waived Lombardi and Mueller, these kids are playing like rookies.
It's all Sather's fault!
Dolan just doesn't care about his team, all he cares about is a bunch of guys, jumping up and down and waving to all the stars in the front row. Okay, that's all I've got.
The organization never recovered from trading Kundratek.
They should give Immonen a chance.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Might as well get them out of the way now:

-This is a bad hockey team
-Could this team use Sean Avery?
-Rick Nash is terrible
-Not tough enough
-Tarasenko

No.
Of course duh.
40g.
Dwarfing hell yeah.
Ever going story of this club.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Doubt it.

Kreider Miller St. Louis
Duclair Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Hayes Nash
Glass Moore Fast

or

Duclair St. Louis Nash
Kreider Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Stempniak/Malone
Glass Moore Fast
Hayes for sure have earned a extended look until game 9 and playing MSL at centre vs Blues sounds ain't a very clever idea imo.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc, our top scorer, is the key to success. If he fails...the Rangers will fail.

Thank God he didnt get a letter. Enough pressure already on him to follow up last year. And to earn a new contract.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Btw, any new rules this season to take notice of?

The goalie trapazoid behind the net is bigger this year

More discretion allowed when reviewing kicked in goals...if it looks accidental then the review should lean towards allowing it

You can no longer dive and knock the puck away from an opposing player AND trip them after getting the puck (used to be as long as you got puck first it was not tripping, but now it will be called as tripping). If it's on a breakaway, no penalty shot will be awarded though, just a penalty (I assume this is in the case of the defender getting the puck first, if they only trip the puck carrier and don't make a play on the puck it will still be a penalty shot)

After an icing, a defensive zone center will no longer be kicked out of the circle after committing a faceoff infraction. The refs will warn them instead and then if they do it again it's a 2 minute delay of game penalty

Teams will switch ends of the ice at the start of overtime to create the "long change" effect (hoping to lead to more offense when defenders get caught on the ice for a long time) and the entire ice surface will get a dry scrape before the start

Hash marks around faceoff circles are moved further apart

The spin-o-rama is disallowed in shootouts.

New fine structure for punishing diving

And finally, if an attacking team shoots a puck and it deflects out of play, the faceoff will stay in the offensive zone

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I kinda dont get why Hayes is up with the team if he's going to sit plus he's banged up. One spare in Malone is enough no?

Lines can change but in practice I am fine with
Kreider, MSL, Nash
Hagelin, Brassard, Zuc
Duclair, Miller, Stempniak .........this line could produce nicely
Glass, Moore, Fast

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I kinda dont get why Hayes is up with the team if he's going to sit plus he's banged up. One spare in Malone is enough no?

Lines can change but in practice I am fine with
Kreider, MSL, Nash
Hagelin, Brassard, Zuc
Duclair, Miller, Stempniak .........this line could produce nicely
Glass, Moore, Fast

He is the only other C. So if the MSL at C experiment flops Hayes will fill in. AV also said Hayes may go on IR.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Wait, what?!?!?!

That's ridiculous

I like it, not that much different than how it is now. Instead of a faceoff coming out of the zone because you hit the post and it deflected out of play, now it stays in the zone, etc. But if a shootin goes out of play the faceoff is still outside of the zone

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pretty sure that if it's off the post or something, not like blocked shots deflecting out of play.

Blocked shots out of play have always stayed in the offensive zone (if a defender blocks them). But in this case if it deflects off your teammate and out of play then the faceoff will stay in the zone (including deflection attempts). I suspect shots that go directly out of play will still come out though, as the rule change seems to specify deflections

AHB*

Blocked shots out of play have always stayed in the offensive zone (if a defender blocks them). But in this case if it deflects off your teammate and out of play then the faceoff will stay in the zone (including deflection attempts). I suspect shots that go directly out of play will still come out though, as the rule change seems to specify deflections

So if your own teammate deflects it out of play the face-off is still in the offensive. That seems slightly absurd to me.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So if your own teammate deflects it out of play the face-off is still in the offensive. That seems slightly absurd to me.

I mean it's obviously an attempt to create more faceoffs that are not in the neutral zone

I'm surprised it upsets people that much...it's likely to affect every team the same way. For as many times that it goes against the Rangers, they'll probably benefit from it on the other end.

IMO it's also trying to not punish teams on the offense who are trying to move the puck/create offense. No one wants to shoot the puck out of play in the offensive zone on purpose.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Doubt it.

Kreider Miller St. Louis
Duclair Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Hayes Nash
Glass Moore Fast

or

Duclair St. Louis Nash
Kreider Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Stempniak/Malone
Glass Moore Fast

according to Brooks (and yes, I know he has been wrong in the past) the lines are:

Kreider - MSL - Zuccs
Hagelin - Brass - Nash
Duke - Miller - Stemp
Glass - Moore - Fast

Hayes being on the IR means he's not playing tonight and Malone sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad