Value of: Sean Walker and Travis Konecny

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I don't see the Flyers moving TK... it's not good look to rid someone who has done everything asked of him to be a complete all around player, took on a leadership type of role and is top 3 player on team and young. I don't see that nor want that. Walker or Risto I can see ..Walker is probably or should probably bring a 1 and a prospect or a 2 and a with a better prospect at least.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Walker will probably take a 2nd plus an asset, not sure he'll garner a 1st, he's having a good season on the 2nd pair but hasn't shown himself to be a 20+ minute guy, very good speed, decent offensive skill set, average defensively. Would fit a PO team that needs a puck moving D-man to pair with a more traditional LHD.

TK, uh, what PO team has a top center prospect that they'd part with? Flyers have (3) 1sts and (4) 2nds the next two drafts, they don't want two more late rd picks for a guy who'd be 29 when Michkov comes over and still in his peak years. Pay to play.

Seeler, Laughton and Hathaway are available. Seeler is a hard nosed stay at home type who's a top shot blocker (3rd), Laughton is struggling in Torts' new up tempo system, but 3LW, 4C, PK, PP2 - adds a lot of versatility for the right team. Centes are at a premium, so 2nd plus. Hathaway is a hard nosed 4RW who can move up to 3RW in a pinch, if you want to add some snarl.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
34 yo Giroux returned Tippet + two 1sts and he was a rental. Konecny is 26 and has an extra year with a 5.5M caphit. I guess the price is gonna be really high.

Are you sure about that? The way you have it worded is incorrect.

Screenshot_20240203_110022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: NeverForget06

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
From the leafs I would say cost for TK from the flyers would he

2024 1st + Easton Cowan + Bertuzzi for TK@50% retained

Cowan is having a monster D+1 year ajd is the best or top 3 player at worst in the OHL this year. Probably a top 25 propsect in the world

1st will be in 20s most likely which has its value

Bertuzzi is a cap piece which we move and flyers either sell or try to see if hes worth signing

Flyers retain 50% to maximize TKs value

I dont think the leafs should he making a deal like this but I project Konecny's value around this @50%

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Looking at two 1sts + top prospect for Konecny.

Looks like they are trying to re-sign him though.

Cowan is having a monster D+1 year ajd is the best or top 3 player at worst in the OHL this year. Probably a top 25 propsect in the world

Bertuzzi is a cap piece which we move and flyers either sell or try to see if hes worth signing

I dont think the leafs should he making a deal like this but I project Konecny's value around this @50%

Not even close. Bertuzzi has negative value this season and you're undervaluing the Retention.

Try 2024 1st, Knies, and Cowan if you want Konecny with 50% retention. You'd be getting a PPG player for under $3 million the rest of this season and ALL of next season.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Looking at two 1sts + top prospect for Konecny.

Looks like they are trying to re-sign him though.

Not even close. Bertuzzi has negative value this season and you're undervaluing the Retention.

Try 2024 1st, Knies, and Cowan if you want Konecny with 50% retention. You'd be getting a PPG player for under $3 million the rest of this season and ALL of next season.
Naw he isnt bringin that much back

Look at Hagel trade. He got 2 1sts and a couple of bad prospects back @50%. Hagel is a bit worse than TK.

Cowan is an elite prospect right now, the best piece in most deals. If you dont want bertuzzi thats fine. Leafa find a suitor for him seperately and trade the 2nd they get from him

2024 1st + Cowan + 2024 2nd for TK@50% thats the max value Konecny would fetch imo at 50% retained

He is only valuable for the next 2 years, after that he gets a gross UFA deal and teams get saddled with a bad LT contract.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Flyers could get a better offer without the need to retain.

Reactions: SnS

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The Flyers are in their rebuild phase, and if they were looking throughout the NHL for an upcoming power forward who is growing as a player in leadership and skill they would spend several draft picks with prospects to get him.
That player is already in the room with 2 more years on his low budget contract. Travis Konecny is also a huge fan favourite, he loves playing for the Flyers, and he's a young father.
Danny Briere would be insane to move TK.
Walker is a quality defensemen who will most likely be moved. Probably for a 2nd rounder and a prospect.

Reactions: bleachdrinker

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Flyers could get a better offer without the need to retain.
Doubt it, few contenders would give a prospect better than Cowan in a trade

Oilers have no one for example

Avs have no one

Stars have Stankoven but he wont be dealt

Jets have maybe McGroaty but again doubt hes dealt * they just got Monahan for 2C

Panthers have no one better

Boston has no one better

Tampa has no one better

Knights have no one better

Canucks have Lekk and Willander who are maybe a bit better but they just made their big move already

Devils have Nemec and Hughes but they wont be dealt, besides that Casey who is similar so they might be able to put a package, but they dont need forwards really.

Canes have KHL D-man Nikushkin - but I think again hes part of their future core and not going to be moved

I dont see any current year contenders with higher end prospect than Cowan who would be looking to make a big move like this

If im missing any teams or prospects let me know.

They may get better pieces from middling/poor teams.

Jackets, Preds, Blues, Caps, etc could better packages, if they include their top prospects + 1st + for TK@50% but why would they be making this type of move?

Buffalo could put the best package alltogether, and they 100% should make the trade for TK. He would help a shit ton. But their GM is lazy and happy sitting on his prospects hoping they become what hes projected

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Doubt it, few contenders would give a prospect better than Cowan in a trade

Oilers have no one for example

Avs have no one

Stars have Stankoven but he wont be dealt

Jets have maybe McGroaty but again doubt hes dealt * they just got Monahan for 2C

Panthers have no one better

Boston has no one better

Tampa has no one better

Knights have no one better

Canucks have Lekk and Willander who are maybe a bit better but they just made their big move already

Devils have Nemef abd Hughes but they wont be dealt, besides that Casey who is similar so they might be able to put a package, but they dont need forwards really.

I dont see any current year contenders with higher end prospect than Cowan who would be looking to make a big move like this

If im missing any teams or prospects let me know

Samoskevich [FLA] is better than Cowan.

Reactions: SnS

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Samoskevich is better than Cowan.
DIsagree there

He is older, and not dominating the AHL. Maybe the flyers value hik more which at that pt sure they can create a bidding war

But i dont see a 21 year old Samoskevich who has poor AHL and donuts so far at NHL better than 18 year old Cowan whose 1st in ppg in the OHL. Robertson as a 20 and 21 had better AHL stats than Samoskevich in his 21 year season, but he hasnt transitioned to NHL as we hoped for (better this year) with his value being a ~2nd most likely

Though this ignores the pt... do the panthers even want/need TK? Dont you guys have decisions to make on your big names

Reinhart, Forsling, Montour, Bennett etc. Unless panthers are happy to move on from 1 of those guys shortly TK doesnt make much sense to their team

Reactions: BernieParent

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If Boston and DeBrusk are not close on contract talks I wonder if a Jake for Travis swap would be good for both teams.
Why would the flyers deal TK for a 60% version of him?

You deal a guy like Konency for futures. A high end prospect, a 1st and a bit more.

Debrusk has regressed this year and wants a new deal.

Boston would have to do

Lysell + 1st + 2nd for TK likely retained

Think that offer gets beat though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad