Player Discussion Sean Monahan

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Can we re-title this thread to "Sean Monahan Appreciation"

Loved having him on the team for the past 1.5 years. Great player to have around the youth. Two firsts will definitely accelerate the rebuild. And I would welcome him back if he's FA on July 1st. Best of luck in the Peg

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Thank you Sean. You are all class. Best of luck bring the cup to the Peg!
No-high-fructose-corn-syrup-nope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lmao no chance I sign Monahan to a 4 or 5 years contract . Forward almost all decline in their early thirties and, We are 2 years away minimum to contend. Monahan will be 31-31yo.

I would 100% trade him at Tdl for the best offer. We can sign him to a short deal this summer if he wants.

We didn’t get anything for Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, Souray, Gionta, Danault, Weber, Price, Byron… it’s time to cash in for once. We have the opportunity.
Way Hughes talked in his presser can't see him signing Monahan.

Monahan is smart but slow player. Habs moving away from that kind of player. Unfortunately

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Way Hughes talked in his presser can't see him signing Monahan.

Monahan is smart but slow player. Habs moving away from that kind of player. Unfortunately
Maybe its just me, but seeking smart, fast players would seem to be a preferable team building strategy.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It has become so very rare that a player leaves Montreal that I wanted to stay, and Monahan fits that box. Was so nice to have a quality vet here for a change. Normally I would wish him the best, which I do, and say I hope he wins the cup - but f*** Winnipeg so not wishing him that part.

Thanks Sean! See you July 1st, I hope!

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Can we re-title this thread to "Sean Monahan Appreciation"

Loved having him on the team for the past 1.5 years. Great player to have around the youth. Two firsts will definitely accelerate the rebuild. And I would welcome him back if he's FA on July 1st. Best of luck in the Peg

The only practical scenario I see of Monahan coming back to montreal is if he has another significant injury setback in Winnipeg, which makes other contenders shy away from giving him a contract in the summer.

In that scenario, he may circle back to the devil he knows in Montreal, where the Habs could give a short term deal and we do this process all over again.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but seeking smart, fast players would seem to be a preferable team building strategy.
At this point, it's fairly obvious what Hughes is up to.......................loved Monahan, but it's easy to see he does not fit as we move forward.
Young, fast kids are the answer guys. Even as role players, and then do what the Jets have done, add a vet along the way for a playoff run.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
The only practical scenario I see of Monahan coming back to montreal is if he has another significant injury setback in Winnipeg, which makes other contenders shy away from giving him a contract in the summer.

In that scenario, he may circle back to the devil he knows in Montreal, where the Habs could give a short term deal and we do this process all over again.
He was traded on Groundhog Day.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
wow knuckles scores Monahan interview!

Edit: but it was before the trade even though it just got posted 45 minutes ago.

But he does say (beofre the trade) that he'd like to stay. Likes the direction of the rebuild. Likes the city, likes that it's closer to home (Ontario) than Calgary. Likes that there's a lot to do in the city. Likes playing in the Bell Center, hockey energy in the city and at games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad