Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
More of a CapFriendly question - I was reading an article today about John Moore and all the D that are on the IR, when I stumbled on this: Sean Kuraly put on Non-Roster last Thursday 3/18?

So not IR, not Taxi Squad. What's the Non-Roster transaction designate?

Covid protocol?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
More of a CapFriendly question - I was reading an article today about John Moore and all the D that are on the IR, when I stumbled on this: Sean Kuraly put on Non-Roster last Thursday 3/18?

So not IR, not Taxi Squad. What's the Non-Roster transaction designate?

It is a for a player who is unavailable to play due to reasons other than injury, illness or disability, so pretty much a catch-all. I know the Caps used it for Tom Wilson's long suspension a couple seasons ago. It allows the player not to count against the roster limit.

It is a for a player who is unavailable to play due to reasons other than injury, illness or disability, so pretty much a catch-all. I know the Caps used it for Tom Wilson's long suspension a couple seasons ago. It allows the player not to count against the roster limit.

OK - thanks. Strange that the next day everything the fan.

Reactions: Dr Hook
I wonder if Kuraly actually has gotten sick with Covid as he is the only one of the five that they put on the non-roster list.

It seems like he may have been + on Thursday. I think that was the day the B's/Sabres canceled morning skate.

Hope he's just + and doing ok.

Kuraly is the only player I've heard of being reported as "positive", versus just "in protocol"

Reactions: Dr Hook

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
nice guy, strong ethic, but it's been time to move on from Fast Campbell for over a year. the "eye test" may be fine of late, but the results are unacceptable and have been for far too long. he is not roster-ready.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's playing much better of late. I feel like that line is still a little too meat and potatoes but it's working and now starting to produce points. Those three can be a total sleeper line come playoff time if Kuraly keeps his motor running hot / Ritchie keeps his compete level up / Coyle doesn't play like he's suffering from post covid depression.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'd settle for just cutting him at this point. the minuses are going to stop once the playoffs arrive? I don't buy it.
May not be great, but he’s playing some of his strongest hockey of the year. I’m not big on Kuraly but he’s been better than he was at the start of the year.

He also helped get Coyle jump started, for the time being.

That being said, I still let him walk after the year.

Reactions: inactive user

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'd settle for just cutting him at this point. the minuses are going to stop once the playoffs arrive? I don't buy it.

I'm sorry, cutting him NOW? He's the 3C, you want to cut him (I presume you mean waive)?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
May not be great, but he’s playing some of his strongest hockey of the year. I’m not big on Kuraly but he’s been better than he was at the start of the year.

He also helped get Coyle jump started, for the time being.

That being said, I still let him walk after the year.
yep, I offered to drive his and Wags ass to the airport often this year, when Lazar arrived, so too did Kuraly`s focus and attention to details in his game. While loads of plays can die on his stick, he has been helping more than hurting this team in recent weeks

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
he is a ufa

I would resign him.... 3 year deal at 1.5 m per season

And trade Wags instead
I agree Kuraly is much more valuable to this team than Wagner is. But I see Kuraly getting more than $1.5 million. There’s going to be a team that probably offers somewhere between $2.25 million.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I agree Kuraly is much more valuable to this team than Wagner is. But I see Kuraly getting more than $1.5 million. There’s going to be a team that probably offers somewhere between $2.25 million.

you think so? he is currently making 1.25m approx

Can't see him getting more than 1.5m per season. Doesn't have the stats to backup anything higher

However if he has a successful playoff campaign... bidding could drive up his price

Third line has been great these days. Not only chipping in points, but drawing penalties.

Reactions: inactive user

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
you think so? he is currently making 1.25m approx

Can't see him getting more than 1.5m per season. Doesn't have the stats to backup anything higher

However if he has a successful playoff campaign... bidding could drive up his price

Third line has been great these days. Not only chipping in points, but drawing penalties.
Yeah that line looks so much better with Kuraly than it did with DeBrusk.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah that line looks so much better with Kuraly than it did with DeBrusk.

Its a perfect test to show difference between a player like Kuraly added to that line vs Debrusk

Debrusk in a way, brought that line down. It was not "impactful" at all. Ritchie mediocre skating was exposed. Coyle barely was around the nets/chances

With Kuraly none of these things are a problem. And he is considered less skilled than Debrusk

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Its a perfect test to show difference between a player like Kuraly added to that line vs Debrusk

Debrusk in a way, brought that line down. It was not "impactful" at all. Ritchie mediocre skating was exposed. Coyle barely was around the nets/chances

With Kuraly none of these things are a problem. And he is considered less skilled than Debrusk

Duo
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
Coyle/Kuraly​
43.1​
44.8​
50.0​
34.8​
39.6​
31.6​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DuoCF%SF%GF%xGF%SCF%HDCF%
Coyle/DeBrusk46.148.844.441.542.936.2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Both duo's are bad, but Coyle/DeBrusk has been slightly better as a duo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad