Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’ve liked him a lot over the last few years, but he has been an unbelievable disappointment this season.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’ve liked him a lot over the last few years, but he has been an unbelievable disappointment this season.

It was dissapointing that when he was good he was never given a shot to be an elusive 3rd line winger to play with Coyle.

This year has been unacceptable. Maybe he will turn it around. Every year he has a bad stretch early.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
It was dissapointing that when he was good he was never given a shot to be an elusive 3rd line winger to play with Coyle.

This year has been unacceptable. Maybe he will turn it around. Every year he has a bad stretch early.
Yeah, the funny thing is he has endeared himself because he has a penchant for scoring big goals.

I’m not giving up on him, but I do think some press box nights would do him well

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Oh man, that's abysmal. The giveaway today was just awful.
What pissed me off was how non thinking it was. A cross ice pass in your d zone with the whole ice in front of you. With no pressure. What was he trying to do? And in a game that you’re leading, your goalie has essentially stolen for you, a game you largely have under control. Against a team that you are fighting for points badly. In a game that is in the middle of a mixed bag of games where the team has been fairly poor.

Why? Give me one reason to try that pass. One.

He’s not Wayne f***ing Gretzky with the ability to turn a game on its head with his silky passes.

I hope Cassidy is livid. He should be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What pissed me off was how non thinking it was. A cross ice pass in your d zone with the whole ice in front of you. With no pressure. What was he trying to do? And in a game that you’re leading, your goalie has essentially stolen for you, a game you largely have under control. Against a team that you are fighting for points badly. In a game that is in the middle of a mixed bag of games where the team has been fairly poor.

He’s not Wayne f***ing Gretzky with the ability to turn a game on its head with his silky passes.

2 shifts in OT tell me he was perfectly fine with Kuraly`s play

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Kuraly has good fundamentals but lacks hockey IQ which makes him a common 4th line player. That’s the best I can say
It's amazing how Kuraly is getting a lot of criticism but Krejci is able to get a pass.
well he did just come back from a lower body injury. If he is still the labored Friday they have a problem

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

True but you are going to get that kind of play every now and then from Kuraly. He’s brain dead . His no hockey sense actually works for him when he is playing like a whirling dervish . I thought we saw signs of him coming back to life prior to that but what a killer mistake and he probably doesn’t play Friday because of it .

Reactions: Number8

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
It's amazing how Kuraly is getting a lot of criticism but Krejci is able to get a pass.
amazing how much you criticize Krejci. were in a Kuraly thread after his play was directly responsible for the tying goal and you find a way to criticize Krejci. He is on the last year of his contract and yes is overpaid as are many good players on the last year of their contract. he will be making less next year. He is top ten all time in Bruins scoring not some fourth line slug. sure he could be better but man your hate for Krejci just seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Kuraly is a 4th line player and most nights his play is what 4th line players do. He has struggled, but lately 80 % of the team has.

Before the injury, Krejci was the Bruins most consistent player, he has never scored a lot of goals, but he is crucial to this teams success.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Where did this guys wheels go? His best asset was his skating (we now he got no hands to speak of), and that's gone now.

Reactions: kjpm

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The one thing I will say about Kuraly is that he does respond well to being scratched for a few games. No sulking or any of that. It pisses him off and makes him work harder and play his game.

Sit him for the next few games and I think we see good Kuraly come back.

I have to wonder if he's been dealing with a nagging injury that isn't enough to sit him but is enough to throw him off his game.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The one thing I will say about Kuraly is that he does respond well to being scratched for a few games. No sulking or any of that. It pisses him off and makes him work harder and play his game.

Sit him for the next few games and I think we see good Kuraly come back.

I have to wonder if he's been dealing with a nagging injury that isn't enough to sit him but is enough to throw him off his game.
Maybe, but I think it’s easy to say that a guy that sucks is dealing with an injury. He sucked last year, he sucks this year, he might just suck now.

Reactions: Estlin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
dumpster fire.jpg

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Kuraly is a 4th line player and most nights his play is what 4th line players do. He has struggled, but lately 80 % of the team has.

Before the injury, Krejci was the Bruins most consistent player, he has never scored a lot of goals, but he is crucial to this teams success.

I don't think so.

Unless you mean consistently not scoring.

Reactions: The National
I don't think so.

Unless you mean consistently not scoring.

At least Krejci has his no-look, last second, drop pass working.
I saw him use it a few times in tight quarters, under pressure in the defensive zone, last night.
I wonder if the D'men yell at him on the bench about that.

I like Kuraly - but Butch gives him too much rope to do stuff like he did last night.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
At least Krejci has his no-look, last second, drop pass working.
I saw him use it a few times in tight quarters, under pressure in the defensive zone, last night.
I wonder if the D'men yell at him on the bench about that.

I like Kuraly - but Butch gives him too much rope to do stuff like he did last night.
100%. I’ll bet the house Butch has him playing close to 15 min tomorrow night.

More of a CapFriendly question - I was reading an article today about John Moore and all the D that are on the IR, when I stumbled on this: Sean Kuraly put on Non-Roster last Thursday 3/18?

So not IR, not Taxi Squad. What's the Non-Roster transaction designate?

Attachments

• non roster kuraly.png
    non roster kuraly.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IR list.png
    IR list.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad