Confirmed with Link: Sean Durzi traded to Arizona

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I do wonder if they would try to use this to move up into the 1st this year if they like someone. Can't remember if they have their own 2nd this year.

Jun 30, 2006
I would have held out until the trade deadline were Blake might not have been selling low.

Durzi was young, cheap and already has experience playing just about every role a defenseman can play.

I’m guessing Blake is dumping Durzi to collect an asset that can be used in a PLD trade.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
The current Capfriendly page doesn't account for other Kings players that are almost certainly going to be in the NHL.

Some combination of our RFAs and Spence/Clarke will take up around 3.5M leaving us with around 5.5M.
I'm sure he's looking to trade one of Iafallo or Arvisson. Both would make good additions for teams with cap space. Both veteran players short contracts and great work ethic.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Ah cool, I speculated LA sending Durzi to Arizona for a 2nd + 3rd in the trade board! Getting a high second round pick next year is pretty good asset management (we do not have a second rounder next year). This year would have been nicer but would you have settled for a lower second this year or a higher second next year?

Nobody has commented on this yet, but terrific news for Bjornfot! A big fear would be Durzi shoehorned into the 3 LHD spot and butchered the pairing. Now we should have a solid lineup where every player is natural.

Anderson - Doughty
Gavi - Roy
Bjornfot - Spence/Clarke.

Much more balanced than Durzi and Walker in there. If Iafallo could be traded to Winnipeg for a certain defender would be a great next step.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure he's looking to trade one of Iafallo or Arvisson. Both would make good additions for teams with cap space. Both veteran players short contracts and great work ethic.
I agree, but there's not many teams with cap space right now.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kings will add a bodyguard for the bottom pair LHD to play with Clarke or Spence.
It's too bad Jake Muzzin died because I think he'd be a great bottom pairing LHD and can throw bombs still.

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Matt Roy
Jake Muzzin - Brandt Clarke
*Jordan Spence/BJ

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
It's a top 5-8 pick in the 2nd round in 2024. Asset can be used to move up in this year's draft or next. Spence\Clarke now have a path to a roster spot.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Happy with the trade. It’s fair to good value and frees up that roster spot.

Whilst I’ve wanted Durzi gone for a while I will give him some credit. He was given an opportunity and took it, he’s worked hard and tried to do what was asked. I believe he always gave his best effort and that is all I expect of every player. I wish him well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Happy with the trade. It’s fair to good value and frees up that roster spot.

Whilst I’ve wanted Durzi gone for a while I will give him some credit. He was given an opportunity and took it, he’s worked hard and tried to do what was asked. I believe he always gave his best effort and that is all I expect of every player. I wish him well.

Yep, can never question his heart/effort, and made something out of being the 10th dman on the callup when things went haywire, good on him for running with it and an easy guy to root for...all his scraps were sticking up for teammates more than himself.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Hey all, Yotes fan coming in peace. Could I please get a scouting report on Durzi? What does he do well? Where does he struggle? Would you say he's a top 4 d man or bottom pair guy? Thanks!

Reactions: PainForShane

JJDrums

Oct 27, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
Ah cool, I speculated LA sending Durzi to Arizona for a 2nd + 3rd in the trade board! Getting a high second round pick next year is pretty good asset management (we do not have a second rounder next year). This year would have been nicer but would you have settled for a lower second this year or a higher second next year?

Nobody has commented on this yet, but terrific news for Bjornfot! A big fear would be Durzi shoehorned into the 3 LHD spot and butchered the pairing. Now we should have a solid lineup where every player is natural.

Anderson - Doughty
Gavi - Roy
Bjornfot - Spence/Clarke.

Much more balanced than Durzi and Walker in there. If Iafallo could be traded to Winnipeg for a certain defender would be a great next step.
Compare the proposed Kings’ D to that of the two finalists for the cup. Not even close. Who is going to clear the front of the net? Who is going to stand up when our goalie gets hacked. Soft as they come

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Hey all, Yotes fan coming in peace. Could I please get a scouting report on Durzi? What does he do well? Where does he struggle? Would you say he's a top 4 d man or bottom pair guy? Thanks!

+ 0.5 Points per game. Will put up points.

+ Really good if deployed properly. Good in the offensive zone and gets pucks through to the net.

+Can run PP2 with effectiveness.

+ Will stand up for teammates.

+ Plays with big balls.

- Our coach was woo'd by his play and put him in positions over, and over...and over that was not effective. Do NOT want him on your penalty kill.

- He's kinda small. So small he's Conner McDavid's favourite snack.

= Overall? Good powerplay and bottom RHD. Do not put him on the penalty kill. He has defensive liabilities but he plays his heart out. Arizona needs that last part.

Hope that helps :)

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He had the most intensity on the team.

Good guy to quarterback your 2nd PP unit. Play him under 15 min a game and he'll do fantastic.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Compare the proposed Kings’ D to that of the two finalists for the cup. Not even close. Who is going to clear the front of the net? Who is going to stand up when our goalie gets hacked. Soft as they come

Stop being so negative on such a happy day. We got a good asset for an expendable player and here you are. The last sentence hinted towards Dillon from Winnipeg next but you didn't get that far it seems.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He is a chaos machine. There are holes everywhere when he is on the ice, if the puck is on his stick odds are good that he will find the most dangerous chance. Without the puck he is surprisingly slow footed and late on his reads.

Plenty of time to sharpen up, but there will be moments of heroism and stupidity nearly every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad