Confirmed with Link: Sean Durzi traded to Arizona

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Good job. A late first for this draft would have been a pipe dream, but he was the one who lost out on the numbers game. Too many RHD who played his role with better translatability to the NHL.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Kings now have over $9M in cap space.
I enjoyed Sean sometimes but the numbers game left him in the surplus pile so its good that he is moved for a substantial asset and the cap space is free.
Not seeing the Durzi-Roy pairing ever again is worth a couple points off the blood pressure.
Blake is doing well, these moves are exactly what many of us wanted.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Its a shame because I really liked him and his personality on and off the ice, but the writing was on the wall with Clarke and Spence. And its through no fault of his own that he was forced to play on his off hand the entire season, it just wasn't in the cards long term. I give him a lot of credit because there was a point when he was still in Ontario that I never thought he'd figure it out and then he came in last year and was a revelation. Wish him all the best.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Realistically, the Kings have about 7.4M, and need to sign some combination of:

Vilardi
JAD
Kupari
Bjornfot
Fagemo
Goalie

Still tight. Another player is likely to get moved.

Reactions: tny760

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Durzi was not tough this last year. Replace him with Clarke. I put the 800,000 in savings towards a True’s tough guy.
Durzi was soft as baby shit last year. Moving the worst dman I’ve seen in recent history and opening the door to Clarke who plays with more BALLS is a massive win. Good trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad