Confirmed with Link: Sean Couturier named 20th captain in Flyers history

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
There was a deleted IG post from the official Flyers thread that listed TK and Laughton as the alternates. I wish I had saved it. It’s gone now

Edit no it’s not. I am an idiot.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
E46ED48C-FE6A-4B66-AC20-4BABFF6E4B87.jpeg

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Authentic Fan: "The Flyers would NEVER turn down a 1+2 for Laughton! Seravalli is a fabulist!"

ChatGPTortorella (pre-deadline): "Scott Laughton [...] for the last year and a half, he has been this team's backbone. Steady, fierce, and a true Philadelphia Flyer at heart. He is vital to how this team's foundation is being built."

I also love the wording, by whoever wrote that, that gives sole power to Tortorella for picking the captain. "I informed our group." Hey, it's probably true.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
uh
it should be TK (C) Farabee (A) Frost (A). Get these old men out of here.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They probably wanted to wait and see how he comes back from that long injury before making him captain which is understandable.

Konecny probably would've been my choice, He seems more like the Giroux type leader. The type that can inspire others with his play.
But can't go wrong with Couturier. He's earned it and he's a true professional. You never hear a bad word about him.

All in all they picked the right three players to get letters.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Couturier seems like the right choice. He & Konecny are the leaders of this team now & going forward.

Couturier older, wiser, & more stable than TK. But TK is the perfect alternate under Couts.

After Torts’ presser the other night where he praised Couturier, & said he wasn’t allowed to have an off game because he’s too important, & after Couts took an earful from Torts on the bench & handled it beautifully, I think Torts’ decision was made.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad