Confirmed with Link: Sean Couturier named 20th captain in Flyers history

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Giving away captains and top 6 centers, seems very Flyers.

Couts and Frost is all we have with nothing coming. If this is a 6 year proper rebuild sure, but it isnt even a 3 year rebuild.
I don’t put too much stock in captains. It’s an honor for the player, but I think truly great leaders (to the point where they can change a team/game) are rare or even virtually nonexistent. The more important thing is not having toxic guys in the locker room. So the fact that he’s a captain means virtually nothing to me. Trade associate captain Laughton too please.

Regarding your 2nd comment, yes we currently only have Coots and Frost, but I’d rather have that money freed up to go get a younger 2C without injury concerns, both for now and definitely for the future.

This is all just a silly discussion anyway though, because nobody is trading for Coots with only 1MM/yr retained unless you attach a first round pick. Especially not given how he has played the last couple months.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It would not shock me if the “advisors” only agreed to hire Briere if he agreed to keep Torts. Maybe he wanted his own guy, it’s hard to say. One thing is certain for me only way we can move forward is when Clarke and his cronies are in the ground.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
All we need now is to learn that the team has had lingering resentment from contract negotiations. If everything is going to be the same it has always been, it may as well go all in.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Just setting up the trade at the draft. Giving him the C was just a thanks for your time here. I'm guessing he'll be a Bruin next season and they win a cup.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad