Sean Bergenheim

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Russo did indeed include Zucker in one of his blogs talking about carter, cooke, and zucks could all be back by seasons end.

i remember reading the same thing bud.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
To be fair he is also suffering from Vanek's line floating. Maybe one of the Finnish guys can speak more to this, but does Bergenhiem have chemistry with Koivu from National Team play? Or Granlund for that matter? Bergenhiem just seems like exactly the type of winger Koivu likes to play with kind of like Miettinen 2.0 if they can find someone who fits on the left side that could be a line that works. Honestly the real issue right now is finding a spot for Vanek. I'm not blaming Vanek for all our problems but he hasn't found chemistry with really anybody all year. I honestly like Vanek in a 4th line type role even strength with lots of PP time. A line of 26-56-21/14 is the best option IMO. The only issue is that likely means Brodziak comes out or Fontaine comes out.

Yeah anyone who's struggling it's automatically Vanek's fault!! No matter that Bergenhiem is a bottom 6 player and Vanek is one of the best point producers on the team and historically has been one of the est point producers in the entire league!! But it's all his fault!

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It's a good thing we don't have to worry about players like P. Kane, or Kessel, or Giroux, or Tarasenko as well. Players like that just float and are not strong 200 ft players. They just hurt the team dynamic. The riskier plays they make that don't always succeed are just bad plays.

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic the way Vanek has played this season for us, hell, I didn't even want Fletch to bring him here. However, he has put up points for us and this is one of the best offensively successful teams we have ever had and he does add a dynamic that no other player brings to this team.

Maybe it's possible it's how he's being used? But that would be too simple. Ovie had a similar rep until Trotz worked with him.

Captain America*

It's a good thing we don't have to worry about players like P. Kane, or Kessel, or Giroux, or Tarasenko as well. Players like that just float and are not strong 200 ft players. They just hurt the team dynamic. The riskier plays they make that don't always succeed are just bad plays.

You obviously have not watched much Tarasenko.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic the way Vanek has played this season for us, hell, I didn't even want Fletch to bring him here. However, he has put up points for us and this is one of the best offensively successful teams we have ever had and he does add a dynamic that no other player brings to this team.

Maybe it's possible it's how he's being used? But that would be too simple. Ovie had a similar rep until Trotz worked with him.

Bolded are very capable two-way players. P.Kane is fast are scores a whole lot of points more than Vanek. I wouldn't even want Kessel to Wild.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bolded are very capable two-way players. P.Kane is fast are scores a whole lot of points more than Vanek. I wouldn't even want Kessel to Wild.

I agree. Terrible comps to Vanek. Kessel is lightning fast also.

I hate Vanek's game but I would be OK with it if he scored goals. That is what I was led to believe he was good at, and that's what the Wild need. Vanek should be producing. He gets top 6 time and is a fixture on our #1 PP.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I agree. Terrible comps to Vanek. Kessel is lightning fast also.

I hate Vanek's game but I would be OK with it if he scored goals. That is what I was led to believe he was good at, and that's what the Wild need. Vanek should be producing. He gets top 6 time and is a fixture on our #1 PP.

6th in even strength TOI

5th over all for forwrds.

The majority of the time he is not with the same linmates.

I agree he does not fit in the wilds system but moving him with Koivu, Granlund, Haula, Coyle, Brodz as his C and everyone else less Carter and Cooke on his wings is not good for his type of play.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He reminds me of Havlat, except he stays healthy and is slower.

With all the complaining I do about him, I must commend him on his ability to stay in the lineup.

Sorry, I was referring to Vanek, not Bergy. He doesn't remind me of either.

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's kind of weird that Bergenheim is a Wild now. Don't get me wrong, it's all right.. but just haven't used to it yet. To me he's been that streaky Finnish forward, some Islander or Panther guy. Never paid much attention to.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's kind of weird that Bergenheim is a Wild now. Don't get me wrong, it's all right.. but just haven't used to it yet. To me he's been that streaky Finnish forward, some Islander or Panther guy. Never paid much attention to.

Well... with what he brings to the lineup... we can use that streaky Finn on the 4th line just fine! GREAT compliment to both Haula and Brodziak IMO.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Bergenheim is one of those type of players that are pretty ok at all areas of the game. Probably not good enough at anything alone for NHL if other areas of the game were a bit lower. But the total package is enough.

Then in the post season where will and mental **** comes in, he is able to take the level of that all-around game of his up a notch and suddenly he becomes a monster factor.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Hoping he doesn't come out of the lineup. As much as I like Schroeder. It's no secret Bergy's best hockey comes in the playoffs. Don't want him sitting in the press box.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Only 1 point in 9 games where we've been pretty solid. I've liked what I've seen so far... Just doesn't seem like he's creating an impact on the scoresheet.

J22*

I don't really have any problem with his play on the 4th line, but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me want to play him ahead of Schroeder permanently. I understand playing him against the more physical teams(ANA, STL) but I still think I would prefer a bottom 6 of
Vanek-Coyle-Schroeder
Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don't really have any problem with his play on the 4th line, but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me want to play him ahead of Schroeder permanently. I understand playing him against the more physical teams(ANA, STL) but I still think I would prefer a bottom 6 of
Vanek-Coyle-Schroeder
Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine

Yep. That 3rd line is dreamy

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope Bergenheim keeps his chops up while he is sitting. We are going to need guys like him pushing to play. Creates an urgency for the team, and stops them from relaxing.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad