Sean Bergenheim

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Two games in and that line was the worst possession line yet again. Wonder how long they'll keep it going?

Also, Koivu faces top competition every night and that didn't stop his line from being a positive possession line as well as chipping in as much (or more) offense than the other lines practically every night.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
How is he doing this far?

He's been on the receiving end of some really good scoring chances but is yet to finish one off. Definitely plays a fast and physical two-way game as advertised and fits in great in the bottom 6. I don't see Bergenheim getting scratched yet, you gotta remember he hasn't really even had time to practice with the team. Bergenhiem is due to finish one of these chances soon and then the floodgates could open.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He's been on the receiving end of some really good scoring chances but is yet to finish one off. Definitely plays a fast and physical two-way game as advertised and fits in great in the bottom 6. I don't see Bergenheim getting scratched yet, you gotta remember he hasn't really even had time to practice with the team. Bergenhiem is due to finish one of these chances soon and then the floodgates could open.

I don't know about floodgates, but a trickle would be nice.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
He can get hot in hurry though. We'll see but he has been involved with some grade A chances in nearly ever game he's played with us.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
A few games in and people are talking scratch? He's had one practice, doesn't know the system yet and this is a big issue? That's pretty sad and even more unrealistic.

I'm sure it'll take a few more games to get everyone acclimated. Expecting any of these new guys to be playing great, 'getting it' or the lines to be gelling already is foolishness.

J22*

A few games in and people are talking scratch? He's had one practice, doesn't know the system yet and this is a big issue? That's pretty sad and even more unrealistic.

I'm sure it'll take a few more games to get everyone acclimated. Expecting any of these new guys to be playing great, 'getting it' or the lines to be gelling already is foolishness.

Even if he was playing at his best, Bergenheim is far from a lock for this lineup. I don't have any problems with how he has played, and I am not hoping/expecting he comes out of the lineup, but you need to remember that he was nothing more than a depth move.

Bergenheim has a different skill set, but is on the same level as Brodziak, Haula, Schroeder, Fontaine, and I wouldn't be shocked to see any of those guys come out of the lineup for a game.

I will add, if Bergenheim can't help out on the PK, he will not be in the lineup when either Cooke/Carter get healthy.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

I'm only talking scratch when some of these players come back. Are you really wanting him to stay in the lineup if Zucker were to come back? The issue is the other lines are playing great, he isn't getting a chance to see if it works with someone else at all on a consistent basis.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I'm only talking scratch when some of these players come back. Are you really wanting him to stay in the lineup if Zucker were to come back? The issue is the other lines are playing great, he isn't getting a chance to see if it works with someone else at all on a consistent basis.

To be fair he is also suffering from Vanek's line floating. Maybe one of the Finnish guys can speak more to this, but does Bergenhiem have chemistry with Koivu from National Team play? Or Granlund for that matter? Bergenhiem just seems like exactly the type of winger Koivu likes to play with kind of like Miettinen 2.0 if they can find someone who fits on the left side that could be a line that works. Honestly the real issue right now is finding a spot for Vanek. I'm not blaming Vanek for all our problems but he hasn't found chemistry with really anybody all year. I honestly like Vanek in a 4th line type role even strength with lots of PP time. A line of 26-56-21/14 is the best option IMO. The only issue is that likely means Brodziak comes out or Fontaine comes out.

J22*

To be fair he is also suffering from Vanek's line floating. Maybe one of the Finnish guys can speak more to this, but does Bergenhiem have chemistry with Koivu from National Team play? Or Granlund for that matter? Bergenhiem just seems like exactly the type of winger Koivu likes to play with kind of like Miettinen 2.0 if they can find someone who fits on the left side that could be a line that works. Honestly the real issue right now is finding a spot for Vanek. I'm not blaming Vanek for all our problems but he hasn't found chemistry with really anybody all year. I honestly like Vanek in a 4th line type role even strength with lots of PP time. A line of 26-56-21/14 is the best option IMO. The only issue is that likely means Brodziak comes out or Fontaine comes out.

I think you're severely overrating Bergenheim's ability. The guy has no business being on one of the top 2 lines of this roster. I understand why Yeo put him with Koivu, but until he figures out how to play a puck control style of game, I would rather scratch him than put him back with Koivu.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I think you're severely overrating Bergenheim's ability. The guy has no business being on one of the top 2 lines of this roster. I understand why Yeo put him with Koivu, but until he figures out how to play a puck control style of game, I would rather scratch him than put him back with Koivu.

It's not that I think Bergenhiem is a bonafide top-6 winger. He isn't. He's a solid bottom 6 guy that has skill and can get hot goalscoring wise. I agree he shouldn't be in the top 6 but right now you can't break up the fourth line or the top line which leaves a pool of nino, schroeder, stewart, vanek, and bergenhiem to play on Koivu's wings. Nino plays best when he is with the younger guys because he defers way too much when he plays in the top 6 with the skilled guys. Vanek and Stewart with Koivu is three slow skaters. Schroeder isn't a top 6 guy in the NHL and obviously we've established Bergenhiem isn't really either so it's kind of pick your poison right now until we get Zucker back. I like a 22-9-44 combo but that leaves Vanek on the checking line which is scary. It's really tough right now to place Bergenhiem.

J22*

It's not that I think Bergenhiem is a bonafide top-6 winger. He isn't. He's a solid bottom 6 guy that has skill and can get hot goalscoring wise. I agree he shouldn't be in the top 6 but right now you can't break up the fourth line or the top line which leaves a pool of nino, schroeder, stewart, vanek, and bergenhiem to play on Koivu's wings. Nino plays best when he is with the younger guys because he defers way too much when he plays in the top 6 with the skilled guys. Vanek and Stewart with Koivu is three slow skaters. Schroeder isn't a top 6 guy in the NHL and obviously we've established Bergenhiem isn't really either so it's kind of pick your poison right now until we get Zucker back. I like a 22-9-44 combo but that leaves Vanek on the checking line which is scary. It's really tough right now to place Bergenhiem.

11-64-29
26-9-10
22-3-44
56-21-14

10 and 44 are interchangeable. 23 isn't missed anywhere in the lineup, but is definitely on the mind of 10 and 14.

IMO- the only debate on the lineup is Bergenheim or Schroeder. I think Schroeder is a decent fit with Vanek and Koivu and Bergenheim is a terrible fit there. If you want Stewart with Vanek and Koivu, then I guess Bergenheim would/could be a good fit with Nino and Coyle.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
11-64-29
26-9-10
22-3-44
56-21-14

10 and 44 are interchangeable. 23 isn't missed anywhere in the lineup, but is definitely on the mind of 10 and 14.

IMO- the only debate on the lineup is Bergenheim or Schroeder. I think Schroeder is a decent fit with Vanek and Koivu and Bergenheim is a terrible fit there. If you want Stewart with Vanek and Koivu, then I guess Bergenheim would/could be a good fit with Nino and Coyle.
Bergie is easily better than Haula for example.

J22*

Bergie is easily better than Haula for example.

Bergenheim doesn't kill penalties. I'm not interested in taking one of my best PK'ers out for a slight upgrade at best 5 on 5 for the 4th line. Not to mention that Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine just dominated the Avs a week ago.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
He is working hard and hitting around, right?

Thats the Bergie i know.. 100% every shift.

Im hoping things get better when he gets comfy with the way thing are around this team. Always been a fan of Bergie.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Bergenheim doesn't kill penalties. I'm not interested in taking one of my best PK'ers out for a slight upgrade at best 5 on 5 for the 4th line. Not to mention that Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine just dominated the Avs a week ago.

Yup. Need to keep the top PK'ers on it.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Source? Russo/others I believe have said he's ahead of schedule on a return. Seems like he's going to try and return before the season's over.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Source? Russo/others I believe have said he's ahead of schedule on a return. Seems like he's going to try and return before the season's over.

10-12 weeks is just how long it takes to come back from clavicle surgery I would be surprised if it is anything less.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't be surprised or anything but I've just heard he's ahead of the timetable. Heard rumors he'd be back before seasons' end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad