Sean Bergenheim

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I'm not saying that Bergenheim played good.
But since he's scratched large parts of the team suck.

Just observing...

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
What does Bergenheim bring that Carter / Cooke / Schroeder don't bring? I feel like he doesn't have a place because:

Carter's tougher & bigger.

Cooke's more experienced.

Schroeder's younger and faster.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
What does Bergenheim bring that Carter / Cooke / Schroeder don't bring? I feel like he doesn't have a place because:

The above is true. I feel like Bergy is a combination of all those things, just in small amounts and nothing really stands out. He's a solid player, he just does a lot of things okay and nothing really well.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

I have to agree with everything you say. I also have to state that I honestly think Bergenheim is a better hockey player than any those three. IMHO and honestly that.

He has not really shown it with the Wild and it's completely ok to sit him. I just hope he gets the chance before the playoffs, since he's capable of turning into a difference maker when we get there.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
i've noticed this too. almost want to start a #freeBergie campaign

I have in mind this article http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/why-sean-bergenheim-should-be-on-every-gms-wish-list/

When compared to all of his Panthers teammates, Bergenheim has the second highest relative Corsi For percentage of players who have played 100 minutes at 5-on-5, 5.9 percent higher than the team average. But when the score is close in the first and second periods, there isn’t a better player on the Cats than Bergenheim. His 5-on-5 Corsi For with the score close is a staggering 60 percent – the third highest mark in the league of players who have played 200 minutes at 5-on-5 – and relative to his teammates he leads the Panthers with a mind-boggling 11.9 percent Corsi For relative. That’s far and away the best mark on Florida, more than double Campbell’s second-best 5.2 percent, and the highest relative Corsi For percentage at 5-on-5 close by a hair short of two percent.
What makes his dominance with the score close so incredible is that he’s doing it while starting only 33.9 percent of his faceoffs in the offensive zone. Compare that to second-place Campbell, who starts 38.1 percent of his 5-on-5 close draws in the opposition end. That can make a world of difference in driving play, and Bergenheim is more than doubling Campbell’s possession numbers while playing more difficult competition.

And though Bergenheim is a dynamite possession player himself, his impact on teammates is tremendous, too.

That last sentence still rings in my head. But I guess, we don't mind for Corsi anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad