Seabrook vs Toews ---- Who has the worst contract?

Which player has the worst contract?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Toews is a problem just because of how absurdly high that cap hit is. It's hard to make that sort of $10.5M number work for anyone...much less a guy who isn't an absolutely elite producer anymore. But he's still a solid #1 Center.

Seabrook not only has longer left on his deal, but is also so much further away from what he once was. It's nearly $7M a year for a guy who may add a lot of intangibles, but can barely keep his head above water as a Top-4D these days (with the right partner).

They're both probably $4M+ overpaid...but i'd much rather overpay that on a guy who is still a high-end top-line player, than spend the same extra money on a guy who isn't even close to a top line player anymore.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Both are ruining Blackhawks' salary cap years to come and proper rebuild while not even producing at the level of those salaries would make them see to produce.

Like Parise at Minny...

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
I hope there are no more amnesty buyouts in the next CBA. I want to see how the heck the Hawks are gonna' unload these contracts. Then again, the Leafs got out of Clarkson so there are such things as miracles.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I’m pretty sure Seabrook is already a 3rd pairing defenseman
I was more referring to his usage than how well he's playing. He may be on the 3rd pairing at ES but he's still playing 20 minutes a game which is 3rd most among Hawks defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad