Speculation: Seabrook injured?

DCSemi

Jan 6, 2012
I hope he will be on the ice tonight... we need Seabrook badly against the Nucks!

LandofLincoln*

Wasn't on the ice for the morning skate. Still sore from the nut shot on Sunday?

He returned to the game after being hit. I think it was a hit in the lower abdomen. I would be surprised if he didn't play. I mean if he doesn't play it would be because the doctors didn't clear him. Sometimes blood clots form in areas after a shot like that. My guess is he is just sitting out the practice.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He returned to the game after being hit. I think it was a hit in the lower abdomen. I would be surprised if he didn't play. I mean if he doesn't play it would be because the doctors didn't clear him. Sometimes blood clots form in areas after a shot like that. My guess is he is just sitting out the practice.

Thats what I'm thinking. He's probably sore as hell and Q just let him rest today.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
We'll probably see a lot of this in the condensed season when guys are nursing minor injuries, hopefully that is all this is.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I won't be surprise if Seabs misses a few games.... but I was more concerned about Toews. He took a nasty hit near the end of the 1st period and seemed a bit slow to recover. We've all seen him try to play through injury in the past.

LandofLincoln*

Thats what I'm thinking. He's probably sore as hell and Q just let him rest today.

What time do practices start and when are they over? I've gone to the prospects camps and scrimmages but was thinking of hitting a practice.

My guess is 9:00-10:30 but they may end at 10am? Anyone know the practice schedule for morning skates?

Slvrbullet87

Jul 31, 2010
Downstate Illinois

You can say abdomen or midsection as many times as you want edzo, but that was a shot to the pills.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It looked like he got hit right above his dick but below the waste. Little padding and very painful, I said at the time there is a good chance he'll be peeing blood.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
IMO it can't be that bad considering he finished the game. Hopefully it's just some soreness and he'll be back by Friday or Sunday.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
When I played in high school, we were doing shot blocking drills and we were instructed to cover our necks and groin area. Despite my best attempt at covering my self, I took a really hard slap shot to my inner thigh. I finished the practice but was really slow and caused a lot of problems in the following days. Can't really speak for what a shot in the bread basket would feel like but if its anything similar I wouldn't blame him for not playing

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Thankfully I have no insight into what it is like to get hit in the nuts but even knowing what a face shot is like, I'll take that any day.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I caught growing up and took more than enough foul tips in the nuts...it put me down for 3-4 days after I can only imagine what a 90 MPH slapper does.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00