Confirmed Trade: [SEA/SJS] Jaycob Megna for 2023 4th round pick

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I know that. I don’t hate the trade because it will make the Sharks a little worse, and it’s definitely funny that Karlsson keeps turning AHLers into viable NHL partners that the Sharks can trade for real assets. I dunno, it just feels arbitrary.

Maybe the Sharks are opening up a contract slot for something else? IIRC they were at 50 contracts.
Yes. To trade Karlsson to the Oilers for cap dumps and picks/prospects

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Seems like a dumb move from the Sharks perspective. Not sure I understand it, other than just to tank harder?

Not a big deal at the end of the day though lol

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Someone better check on SJSharks72 he is probably losing his mind right now as he was excepting a 2nd round pick + a prospect.

I was wrong too I was expecting a later round pick, at least San Jose got something as Megna was acquired by SJ as a free agent.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I know that. I don’t hate the trade because it will make the Sharks a little worse, and it’s definitely funny that Karlsson keeps turning AHLers into viable NHL partners that the Sharks can trade for real assets. I dunno, it just feels arbitrary.

Maybe the Sharks are opening up a contract slot for something else? IIRC they were at 50 contracts.
This is a good point. A package for Meier probably has a bunch of pieces signed to contracts

Reactions: archiemandl

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
View attachment 646183
Any time you can get a 4th from a player who has been put on waivers and cleared 5 times you're doing alright. I like Megna, I think he's fine, but the Sharks aren't going to win anything with him during the life of his contract. Might as well deal while the dealing is good.

he's improved significantly since the last time he was waived, but I wish we had gotten a bit more for a cost-controlled Defensive Defenseman who held his own well enough in the top 4 on a team with little to no Defensive depth.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Someone better check on SJSharks72 he is probably losing his mind right now as he was excepting a 2nd round pick + a prospect.

I was wrong too I was expecting a later round pick, at least San Jose got something as Megna was acquired by SJ as a free agent.
Who the f*** even are you? Cute that you can remember me. No idea who you are though.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

That and I think Knyzov's coming back this week.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
That and I think Knyzov's coming back this week.
Knyzhov was a top 4 defender in San Jose before all of his injuries if he can make it back from the injuries after not playing an NHL game in such a long while it would be extraordinary.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Knyzhov was a top 4 defender in San Jose before all of his injuries if he can make it back from the injuries after not playing an NHL game in such a long while it would be extraordinary.
There’s no pressure for him to come in and perform well, he can really ease his way into the lineup since this is a lost season anyway. I liked him a lot before he got hurt and really hope he can come back fully healthy.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I could see them moving Soucy for help.
It’s possible they push Soucy to 7D and make Megna the 3rd pairing 6D.

Good move by Francis to acquire some depth for a middle round pick Grier should have gotten more if he had waited but San Jose was at 50 contracts and the market is starting budge heading towards the deadline.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad