Confirmed Trade: [SEA/SJS] Jaycob Megna for 2023 4th round pick

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Because that's a free asset for a very replaceable asset.
I know that. I don’t hate the trade because it will make the Sharks a little worse, and it’s definitely funny that Karlsson keeps turning AHLers into viable NHL partners that the Sharks can trade for real assets. I dunno, it just feels arbitrary.

Maybe the Sharks are opening up a contract slot for something else? IIRC they were at 50 contracts.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could see them moving Soucy for help.

Help where? D depth is what they need the most. It wouldn't make sense.

There was some thought that the Kraken would trade Soucy at the deadline for picks but the team is just too good for that.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
It's incredible what type of value guys have for simply munching minutes. Black hole hockey players will always fetch something as long as it goes both ways
I wouldn't call him a black hole player, it's not like he's useless. He defends well but he just doesn't make any spectacular plays. Every team needs a steady, uninteresting dman.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I wouldn't call him a black hole player, it's not like he's useless. He defends well but he just doesn't make any spectacular plays. Every team needs a steady, uninteresting dman.
Totally, maybe I'm using "black hole player" wrong, I just meant that you plop him in the ice and nothing bad is going to happen most of the time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Signed for next year too but he’s more like a 7th D so good for SJ to move him while he has value

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I know that. I don’t hate the trade because it will make the Sharks a little worse, and it’s definitely funny that Karlsson keeps turning AHLers into viable NHL partners that the Sharks can trade for real assets. I dunno, it just feels arbitrary.

Maybe the Sharks are opening up a contract slot for something else? IIRC they were at 50 contracts.

This right here. I'm thinking Jagr. Maybe Forsberg. If I had to choose I'd sign that Thornton guy.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It's incredible what type of value guys have for simply munching minutes. Black hole hockey players will always fetch something as long as it goes both ways
Is he a black hole? I think there’s a difference between that and a useful plug. Black hole sounds like they negatively impact everything relative to when they’re on the ice

Edit I typed this earlier, didn’t see new posts lol

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
1675649611764.png

Any time you can get a 4th from a player who has been put on waivers and cleared 5 times you're doing alright. I like Megna, I think he's fine, but the Sharks aren't going to win anything with him during the life of his contract. Might as well deal while the dealing is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad