Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Riley Sheahan signs with the Kraken (1 year, $850k)

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
Seattle does not have a single forward that can drive a top 6 line. Only Gourde and McCann who can drive playing 3C.
Seattle does not have a single defenseman who you would trust on the top pair, and only Giordano and Dunn with any notable offensive talent.

I will eat every hat I own if they crack 205 goals in 82 games (2.5 goals per game)

Seattle has at least 8 forwards that were on pace for 20 goals last year, and some that are high 20s. And Dunn and Gio can bring some scoring from the back end. This team is very young and most players are pre-peak. If they get improvements from just a few guys, they'll crack 205 goals easy enough. Plus they have a vezina finalist goalie and an up and coming 1B goalie.

Seattle fans rightly think this is at least a bubble team, and possibly better than that.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Seattle has at least 8 forwards that were on pace for 20 goals last year, and some that are high 20s. And Dunn and Gio can bring some scoring from the back end. This team is very young and most players are pre-peak. If they get improvements from just a few guys, they'll crack 205 goals easy enough. Plus they have a vezina finalist goalie and an up and coming 1B goalie.

Seattle fans rightly think this is at least a bubble team, and possibly better than that.

i think Seattle fans are going to be in for a rough ride then.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

"Very young"
Their average age is actually slightly above the average in the league, and their 23 years old are Carsen Twarynski and Nathan Bastian....

Who are most of the "pre peak" players that you speak of? Appleton, McCann and Dunn?

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
As a Wings fan I will never forget how much I hated the draft pick at that time. One scouting report described him as playing like a 3rd defenseman at times. I was like, great, we just spent our first pick on a career bottom 6 guy at best. Looks like even that was generous as he's more of a 4th liner/spare forward. Everyone should have known better after the tellytubby incident.

Edit: I just remembered he's also the guy who went 79 games without scoring a single goal.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Sheahan is such a nothing player. Epitome of the word, "plug."
Can't recall a single memorable moment of his when he was with either Pittsburgh or Florida.

If this is true, then we're looking at a 30 point team.
Analytics say seattles team is way better than people think.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Analytics say seattles team is way better than people think.

I think their roster is better than what people give them credit for. I think there is a pretty good possibility that they could finish third in the pacific. The one thing that gives me some apprehension though is their coaching staff. I dont think Hakstol was good hire.

Reactions: brewski420

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I think their roster is better than what people give them credit for. I think there is a pretty good possibility that they could finish third in the pacific. The one thing that gives me some apprehension though is their coaching staff. I dont think Hakstol was good hire.

I agree with this, especially when discussing the coaching hire. On top of that Bylsma was hired as an assistant for Charlotte leading me to believe he will be HC in Palm Springs. :shakehead

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
For 850 k for 1 year…. I think he will be waived to start the year. He will also clear waivers at that time as other teams will be evaluating their talent and not claim him….. as that would mean having to waive one more of their own top 23 players.

Cap friendly has Geekie on Seattle’s AHL roster. Geekie will have to be on “The Roster “ on the last day of training camp as he is 100 times more likely to be claimed than old man Sheaham.

I would have drafted Bean out of Carolina and traded him to Columbus for a 2 Nd round draft pick.

Geekie at the moment is not worth a 2 Nd round draft pick in return….maybe in the future as he has some upside.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2