Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Marcus Johansson signs with the Kraken (1 year, $1.5M)

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wild fans rn

A53F5E01-E6FE-4136-972C-74DDBDE01C24.gif

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Line 1 LW Schwartz C Wennberg RW Eberle
Line 2 LW Jarnkrok C McCann RW Donskoi
Line 3 LW Tanev C Johansson RW Appleton
Line 4 LW Blackwell C Geekie RW Bastian

1st Pair LD Giordano RD Larsson
2nd Pair LD Oleksiak RD Lauzon
3rd Pair LD Dunn ~ RFA* RD Soucy

Goalies:
Starter: Grubauer
Backup: Driedger

Scratches:
LD H. Fleury
RD Borgen
LW Twarynski ~ RFA
LD Cholowski ~ RFA
C Gourde + Offseason Shoulder Surgery 1-2 months

Charlotte AHL:
RW Lind ~ RFA
C True
RD C. Fleury ~ RFA
RD Carrick
G Daccord

All very fine players.

And I’m sure a handful will flourish with the extra ice-time (like Karlsson and Marschessault did in Vegas).

But holy smokes is there no “wow” factor in that lineup. The defense is three 2nd-pairings, and the offense is four 2B-lines. Lot’s of grinding hockey to be played.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Would prefer MOJO at 1.5 over more than half the current Boston forwards. Lovely deal for Seattle.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
All very fine players.

And I’m sure a handful will flourish with the extra ice-time (like Karlsson and Marschessault did in Vegas).

But holy smokes is there no “wow” factor in that lineup. The defense is three 2nd-pairings, and the offense is four 2B-lines. Lot’s of grinding hockey to be played.

Having 3 2nd pairings will get a team to the playoffs, it doesn't have to be pretty, just look at Nashville over the years. If Seattle's forward group can score by committee and buy into the team, I don't see why they can't flirt with the playoffs, especially in the Pacific.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
All very fine players.

Who was the wow factor in Vegas before Vegas hit the ice? No one was…maybe fluery? But I’d rather have grubauer right now …

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They let Quenville and Bayreuther walk, so essentially chose nothing from CHI/CBJ. They traded Pitlick for a 4th, MacDermid for a 4th and Vanacek for a 2nd. So they're down 5 from the original 30. Add Wennberg, Johansen, Schwartz and Grubauer puts them at 29, but guys like Cale Fleury, Twarynski, True, Bastian, Cholowski, Daccord won't be with the big club which gets them down to the 23 limit already. I still think a move has to be coming because of the surplus of D, but it's a long off-season and likely to be a minor move.

Those guys require waivers though.
Seattle took fleury from Montreal. If they place him on waivers, the habs are going to want to claim him.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Those guys require waivers though.
Seattle took fleury from Montreal. If they place him on waivers, the habs are going to want to claim him.
Come October, will Montreal have a spot for C. Fleury on their 23 man roster? Honest question. Will he be the best option then?

There is a real chance Seattle will lose one of their expansion D picks during roster reductions, but I think Francis is alright with that, not knowing what he has in each player before a single practice.

They are probably better off having camp, evaluating the fit of each player, and then losing the guy they feel helps them the least for nothing, versus trying to guess who that guy is on paper and possibly trading the wrong player now for a late pick.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Come October, will Montreal have a spot for C. Fleury on their 23 man roster? Honest question. Will he be the best option then?

There is a real chance Seattle will lose one of their expansion D picks during roster reductions, but I think Francis is alright with that, not knowing what he has in each player before a single practice.

They are probably better off having camp, evaluating the fit of each player, and then losing the guy they feel helps them the least for nothing, versus trying to guess who that guy is on paper and possibly trading the wrong player now for a late pick.

Habs will definitely prefer Fleury over Wideman.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Habs will definitely prefer Fleury over Wideman.
Well, given that whomever they waive probably won't make it to 31st in the waiver claim process, maybe Francis will look to deal with Montreal before roster cuts so they can reacquire Fleury then, if he happens to be the odd man out.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I think this is a fantastic deal. Johansson is a player that flourish if he got a good depth around him.
A 2-3C, that will score points and get really in a good mood if things go his way. If it doesnt, it will be as before.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Having 3 2nd pairings will get a team to the playoffs, it doesn't have to be pretty, just look at Nashville over the years. If Seattle's forward group can score by committee and buy into the team, I don't see why they can't flirt with the playoffs, especially in the Pacific.

I hope with a name like "Soundgarden" that you'll at least be somewhat of a Seattle fan.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad