Claimed off Waivers: [SEA] Kraken claim F Eeli Tolvanen off waivers from the Predators

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
he's obviously contributing, and probably there's some luck invovled.

wondering how no one else possibly claimed him or traded for him seems like hyperbole and overreaction to me.
Hardly luck when you have that kind of luck, all he needed was to play on the right side. There were big reasons as to why he got that contract, and pretty much no tangible reason to put him on waivers before trying to trade him. I wouldn't be surprised that the fact he was on waivers was a big warning clock for some teams.

Reactions: hn777 and Stubu

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm pretty sure this is the moment when Poile realized he was washed and needs to retire. Tolvanen would fit right in with the current youth, smh.
I think as the other poster explained previously in the thread, he was just certain nobody would claim him.

The other, and arguably even better question, is how the Preds manage to tank pretty much every offensive prospect they draft.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Was Seattle really last on the list? That is impressive. I wonder if the fact that they rather recently gave him a good contract and then he was on waivers made teams think there was something really, really wrong with him.
Thats unprofessional, every pro scout gets a real opinin.
But this is a mysterious quest. What was this about really?
His salary is not that high, he cant have that bad of a reputation.
Teams where probably just full to the cap.
Though, why didnt Arizona grab him?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Arizona probably saw too much potential.

1678292340331.png

^ Arizona in general

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Is Hynes an idiot? Yes. Is Poile an idiot? Yes. But as others have pointed out, literally dozens of teams, mostly terrible teams, passed on him for FREE. The "experts" in the NHL are so often full of shit when it comes to talent evaluation. And Ronnie Franchise took a lot of flak with his approach, good on him for being validated with many of his moves.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good for him to be doing well.

I don't watch a ton of SEA games but the ones I have watched, I can't really say he's been noticeable or taking over any games i've seen.

he's obviously contributing, and probably there's some luck invovled.

wondering how no one else possibly claimed him or traded for him seems like hyperbole and overreaction to me.
Our team does not really have any players that can take over games. It's just about rolling lines and getting contributions from all over.

Reactions: hn777

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Still doing well, except not really scoring goals on the powerplay.

12 goals and 10 assists since being kicked off the Preds.

I can't imagine him being a hard person to work with, so still kinda surprised he isn't with the preds.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Still doing well, except not really scoring goals on the powerplay.

12 goals and 10 assists since being kicked off the Preds.

I can't imagine him being a hard person to work with, so still kinda surprised he isn't with the preds.
In fact it seemed like he'd do anything he was told. He went down to Milwaukee and really worked on his 2-way game, it's so strange that we didn't find a fit for him.

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad