Confirmed with Link: Sdao signs with Sens

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
dang. this guy is 23? i thought for some reason he was younger. it's going to be interesting if he can actually play. he looked pretty good in the last prospect camp. but blood was decent as well, so...

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I want to go on record and say that when Gryba first came to Bingo he was garbage, and he slowly over the course of three years has become a NHL defensemen. Blood is kind of on the same track, give him a few years. Sdao may also fall into this category. It is odd how sometimes it takes defensemen longer to develop their skill sets. Sometimes, it may just take the right coach too.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Now its an ELC that kicks in next year, thats more of what I'm expecting

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has signed defenceman Michael Sdao to a one-year entry-level contract. Sdao has signed an amateur tryout agreement and report to the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660360

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Glad he's on board.

He's the 50th Contract. Can't sign anyone else unless we move a contract.

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Glad to see Michael Sdao sign with the Sens. I'm a Lincoln Stars (USHL) season ticket holder, so I got the chance to watch Mike in person quite a bit. Steady d-man with a definite mean streak. Looks like he found a scoring touch in college, which is good. One of the nicest players off the ice I've ever come across.

His nickname (which he's had for awhile), is "Big Doggy."

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Like it - must have the nose for it

Someday with Daugavins (Little Daugy). Brennan will go crazy.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
chance he will not become a regular NHLer > chance he will become a regular NHLer

Murrays friggin love this kid. They wanted him to sign this summer and I believe if he did, he would have played in the NHL by now. If he adjusts well he still might, although at this point I doubt it.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I wonder how legal his ELC is if he signs now while he is 23 but it only kicks in next year. According to the info I've seen, Sdao turns 24 on July 3 but I thought a player who signs an ELC while he's still 23 had to sign for 2 years. Of course that would hurt the Sens since they are at or near their 50 contract limit for this year so I can see why they would want to let the contract year slide by signing him to an ATO but it doesn't explain how they can sign him immediately to his ELC for only 1 year. I thought the would have to wait until after his birthday.

btw) I know signing him to an ATO is more risky since it doesn't bind him to the team and he could be a fa this summer (I think July 5 now) but how do they get around the CBA terms for the ELC age and sign him now for only 1 year. Wouldn't they have to wait until July 3rd or 4th?

Since the Sens did it I must be wrong so where did I misunderstand the terms of the CBA?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I want to go on record and say that when Gryba first came to Bingo he was garbage, and he slowly over the course of three years has become a NHL defensemen. Blood is kind of on the same track, give him a few years. Sdao may also fall into this category. It is odd how sometimes it takes defensemen longer to develop their skill sets. Sometimes, it may just take the right coach too.

I think so too, I doubt we see Sdao in Ottawa this yr & only a slight possibility next season depending on how well he does in Bingo of course. I also expect that Blood will be much better next yr too, he was a decent collegiate player & has potential to be at least a good defensive defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad