Trade: [SD/BOS] Drew Pomeranz to Boston for Anderson Espinoza

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
San Diego did well IMO. They acquired Pomeranz for Alonso and then flipped him for a nice prospect here. Nice asset management.

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Meanwhile, AJ Preller has quite the stable of prospects and is doing a good job. What a world.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is what Dombrowski does. And he rarely got burned in DET trading prospects for help now.

That doesn't make it any better. IMO, you need someone much better than Pomeranz if you're moving Espinoza.

I was just getting excited about an Espinoza, Groome, and Kopech trio earlier today.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
risky move by the sox. espinosa has tons of potential

preller sure made out good on the alonso trade

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
risky move by the sox. espinosa has tons of potential

preller sure made out good on the alonso trade

Unfortunately that reminds me of the GM shuffle we had.

October 2011: Hoyer leaves to become Cubs GM, Josh Byrnes promoted to GM.

December 2011: Padres trade Mat Latos to Reds for Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Edinson Volquez, and Brad Boxberger.

January 2012: Padres trade Anthony Rizzo to Cubs for Andrew Cashner.

"The acquisition of Yonder Alonso (from the Reds in the Mat Latos trade) provided us the flexibility to make this trade and acquire a quality, young power arm in Andrew Cashner," Padres general manager Josh Byrnes said, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If there is one thing Dombrowski excels at more often than not, it's making trades. Actually, it's what he is known for.

Boston isn't little sisters of the poor either. They have the resources to replenish the minor league system in due time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dombrowski's certainly consistent if nothing else, he insisted on premium value for Cespedes last year and gave premium value for Pomeranz this year.

Of course being a Met fan after the Gomez fiasco last year I'm still suspect of any trade that's still pending 'physicals' :P

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Unfortunately that reminds me of the GM shuffle we had.

October 2011: Hoyer leaves to become Cubs GM, Josh Byrnes promoted to GM.

December 2011: Padres trade Mat Latos to Reds for Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Edinson Volquez, and Brad Boxberger.

January 2012: Padres trade Anthony Rizzo to Cubs for Andrew Cashner.
Cashner was pretty good up until last year.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is what Dombrowski does. And he rarely got burned in DET trading prospects for help now.

He rarely got burned because those prospects just didn't pan out. Dombrowski couldn't predict that. At the times of the trades they were considered fair value. To acquire Miggy he had to give Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller. Maybin was going to be the next 30-30 star and Miller who had wipe out stuff was going to be the next ace. In some instances you trade a bunch of prospects and none or maybe 1 pan out. In other instances it comes back and bites you on the backside (case in point Colon trade). Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore was the return for Colon.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
also if this is what drew pomeranz gets, the yankees should ask the cubs for schwarber, bryant and russell as well as the rights to the 2016 world series trophy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad