GDT: SCSF Game 2: Montreal Vs Vegas | 6:00PM PT | It's the game after the first game.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Unimpressed with Montreal, to be honest. Certainly don't want to jinx us but if we play our game we can win both in their building. For me, they have very little up front. I thought Fleury was bad tonight, getting into his old bad habit of roaming too much. First goal was a bad rebound, second was a whiff (happens), third you can't fault on a breakaway, he was way out of position though trying to pokecheck. Get a lead so they can't slow the game to a crawl.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
On the bright side... with a three hour time difference this a chance we will show up with our 3rd period rally in the first right...... right?

Reactions: ChanceVegas

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
On the bright side... with a three hour time difference this a chance we will show up with our 3rd period rally in the first right...... right?
I have to work and will DVR game and see it on tape at 7 PM our time - does that count?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Unimpressed with Montreal, to be honest. Certainly don't want to jinx us but if we play our game we can win both in their building. For me, they have very little up front. I thought Fleury was bad tonight, getting into his old bad habit of roaming too much. First goal was a bad rebound, second was a whiff (happens), third you can't fault on a breakaway, he was way out of position though trying to pokecheck. Get a lead so they can't slow the game to a crawl.

Sounds like what we were saying last year about Dallas. They need to take these guys seriously. Yes the Knights have a better team with a lot of depth, but that assures nothing in the NHL playoffs.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Frustrating thing to me is we don’t even need to play well in the 1st. Just don’t fall behind and definitely don’t fall behind 2-0. We could have easily fallen behind 2-0 in the first game.

A power play goal would be nice. What are we, 0-6 in this series so far?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

We can’t be letting this team score 3 goals. We certainly could have made things easier for Fleury in the first period. I do worry about Price getting hot and having this look like the end of the Vancouver series again. Many of our goals are from defenseman taking long shots.

So far Janmark is the only guy that scored a goal for us that isn’t a defenseman.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We can’t be letting this team score 3 goals. We certainly could have made things easier for Fleury in the first period. I do worry about Price getting hot and having this look like the end of the Vancouver series again. Many of our goals are from defenseman taking long shots.

So far Janmark is the only guy that scored a goal for us that isn’t a defenseman.

Fleury was as bad as the rest.

I thought getting this deep would insulate us from major roster moves but if the offense from forwards goes again then they would be foolish not to look into changes.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
And we let them score 3 goals after they never even had a single power play and weren’t even trying to score in the last couple periods.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Third goal was an overly risky play with back pressure right there, but you kind of expect Fleury to make that play.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think there being no delay of game penalty in the game really threw us off, it's been so long I didn't even no it was possible. Might have to airmail a puck over the glass next game just to be safe... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
After yesterday game, I don’t know who will win this series. It could go either way. If Montreal is healthy and their big 4 defensemen are healthy, good night Vegas. If Vegas offence gets going good night Montreal.

both Price and Fleury are NHL best at the moment. Fleury stops everything but gives out big rebounds. Price stops everything if he can see it good luck. You have to screen him.

this is a game of offence vs defence

Reactions: Mr Mom

habslive

Apr 27, 2014
Habs fan here, was curious about a Vegas perespective on last night's game. Same script as game 1, Knights woke up in the 2nd period, only difference is the Habs were able to beat Fleury twice in the 1st this time around.

Petry has such a calmin presence, and reduces the minutes that Kulak/Merrill have to play. Having Merrill out there makes me nervous.

That said, despite the tilted ice in periods 2 and 3, one never has to apologize for great goaltending, and that is what Price provides on a nightly basis.

The more lifeless the game, the better for the Habs, lol. It'll only be 3500 fans allowed to attend the games in Montreal. Hopefully that can contribute to a sterile atmopshere - hopefully after the Habs get the first goal, lol.

Good luck the rest of the way, but not really!

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Sounds like what we were saying last year about Dallas. They need to take these guys seriously. Yes the Knights have a better team with a lot of depth, but that assures nothing in the NHL playoffs.

Yes - while Tampa actually was the best team probably last year Boston was better than St. Louis and quite often big physical teams beat speedier more talented teams in the playoffs as the ice gets cut off. We're big and physical too, which is why I still think we'll win, but we need to bear down at the beginning, and Fleury needs to stop giving so many rebounds.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Habs fan here, was curious about a Vegas perespective on last night's game. Same script as game 1, Knights woke up in the 2nd period, only difference is the Habs were able to beat Fleury twice in the 1st this time around.

Petry has such a calmin presence, and reduces the minutes that Kulak/Merrill have to play. Having Merrill out there makes me nervous.

That said, despite the tilted ice in periods 2 and 3, one never has to apologize for great goaltending, and that is what Price provides on a nightly basis.

The more lifeless the game, the better for the Habs, lol. It'll only be 3500 fans allowed to attend the games in Montreal. Hopefully that can contribute to a sterile atmopshere - hopefully after the Habs get the first goal, lol.

Good luck the rest of the way, but not really!

You say you're curious but I see no questions, only crowing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad