GDT: SCSF Game 2: Montreal Vs Vegas | 6:00PM PT | It's the game after the first game.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fifteen minutes needing two goals, offensive zone faceoff. Time for the fourth line, apparently.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They've created chances tonight unlike some other lines.

They promptly lost the faceoff, lost the zone and iced the puck for a defensive zone faceoff. They are almost never dangerous, especially for a goaltender of Price caliber, even if they stay in the offensive zone a while. We need players who can finish in the offensive zone, we're down, not trying to milk the clock.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Just don't spot Montreal 3 goals in game 3. Once they're behind they can't turtle and it'll just open up more chances.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Also Stephenson being out in that first period really hurt us. Maybe it’s a different game with him in there. But Montreal didn’t have Petry for game 1 so nobody is going to care about injury excuses.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Taking in account Martinez skying a wide open net and Pacioretty dinging the post, they carried enough of the play that overtime would have been a pretty fair result.

Have to come ready to play first period though. Tough lesson to learn in the playoffs but they should have learned it the other six games they didn't.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Is it me or has Shea Theodore mightily struggled throughout these playoffs, particularly this series thusfar? Pietrangelo and Martinez get top grades however it may be worth exploring providing McNabb and Whitecloud more icetime while decreasing Shea's.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Is it me or has Shea Theodore mightily struggled throughout these playoffs, particularly this series thusfar? Pietrangelo and Martinez get top grades however it may be worth exploring providing McNabb and Whitecloud more icetime while decreasing Shea's.
Extend that to the season.... he's sadly been fairly pedestrian this year, especially compare to the last season.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Considering we were chasing the game and McNabb and Whitecloud are pretty useless in the offensive zone, no. This would be a terrible idea.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Didn't get the bounces that go into the net tonight like last two games. I just got PTSD about what can happen when things don't go right for this team against a good goalie. Let's hope they play a complete game next time out and take away that concern.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

He shut down MacKinnon last series and was one of the best players in G1. Pietrangelo was the only particularly good vegas Dman tonight and you can't really play him more than he was.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If Stephenson can't play, or would be a shell of himself, just put Glass there and keep the lines the same as game one.

Don't try to galaxy brain the lineup, simple in for out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad