Scrivens vs Frattin

LAX attack*

Frattin has been a huge disappointment offensively for me. With that said, he is clearly a work in progress. At the very least he is a banger who drives to the net and has talent. He replaces Penner and is only marginally worse.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I prefer Scrivens, Frattin and a 2nd over Nino & company. Assuming he was even available to us. The only issue I have is DL thinking that Frattin was going to make an easy transition to LW. You'd think he would have learned something from the Purcell fiasco.

I'd let Frattin play 2RW until Carter comes back.

I would love Frattin on the #2 RW till Carter comes back. That would put Toffoli on the 3rd and Lewis not with Pearson/Vey.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Oh yeah, Nino Update: 3G 8A +6 which would put him 4th in points on the kings behind Kopitar, Richards, Williams.

Is it stated anywhere that Nino was actually a legit option in a trade? As I said, DL himself said that Toronto was the only team to make an offer. Not that they made the best offer, that Toronto made the ONLY offer. That's from DL's mouth, and was posted somewhere here on the trade just a month ago or so.

Additionally, the Islanders haven't made a trade for a goaltender and when they did deal Nino, it was for another forward and a pick.

So who cares what Nino has done, he wasn't an option.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Is it stated anywhere that Nino was actually a legit option in a trade? As I said, DL himself said that Toronto was the only team to make an offer. Not that they made the best offer, that Toronto made the ONLY offer. That's from DL's mouth, and was posted somewhere here on the trade just a month ago or so.

Additionally, the Islanders haven't made a trade for a goaltender and when they did deal Nino, it was for another forward and a pick.

So who cares what Nino has done, he wasn't an option.

Yeah ... Guess you're the guy in the room that believes the VP when he says no one in here will be affected by this phase 3 drug failure. (30% of the company was gone a few months later) Of course DL is going to say that... He's not going to come out and say, "Boy I really $(##@%$ the Pooch." He got what he wanted... Was it the best he could have done? Apparently... Even better was it stuck Toffoli in the minors to start... Oh that's right I'm supposed to believe that Toffoli wasn't ready for the NHL. Sorry, going to criticize DL on this every one makes mistakes.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah ... Guess you're the guy in the room that believes the VP when he says no one in here will be affected by this phase 3 drug failure. (30% of the company was gone a few months later) Of course DL is going to say that... He's not going to come out and say, "Boy I really $(##@%$ the Pooch." He got what he wanted... Was it the best he could have done? Apparently... Even better was it stuck Toffoli in the minors to start... Oh that's right I'm supposed to believe that Toffoli wasn't ready for the NHL. Sorry, going to criticize DL on this every one makes mistakes.

No, I don't expect DL to say he made puppies, but I do think he'll be honest in saying that other teams were making offers or not. I mean he can lie and say "I made the best deal I could" when truth is he went after his pet project, but why lie about how many teams made an offer? What's the difference between saying one team or two teams made an offer? Nothing.

Btw, if you think that toffoli had a good camp, you are the dillusional one. He was mediocore to say the least.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
For some reason, it won't load for me. I can see where it says "Kings GM Dean Lombardi joined HC@Noon to discuss their upcoming game at Dodgers Stadium, the upside of Ben Scrivens and Matt Frattin’s struggles."

Not really a surprise, and I don't think anyone in here is saying he's not struggled or is struggling. The point more has been that it 21 games in, new conference, new team, may still be recouping from the knee injury. Would rather wait longer to see how he looks before judging the situation fully.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Last night's game was the best I've seen Frattin play all season. He was using his body effectively with good positioning on the ice. He was also making crisp, decisive passes. Nice to see him rewarded.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad