GDT: Screamville Predators vs Calgary Flames

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What a tease Calgary. Play two great games against maybe lower-tier opponents, but dominated.
That third line is sick; I called it right out of the gate, but Matt Stajan with those two instead of at that time Hudler/Cervenka. Backlund's been playing amazingly.

To be honest however, I love the wins, but it was against two meh teams this year. Iggy is almost non-apparent on the ice, and I think even if we're around a playoff spot coming to the deadline he should be moved; he seemed to even take movement away from Cammy/Tangs just looking for his shot all night.

This team is much more skilled than the one last year... Only issue I see, I like the second line, I like the third line... there is no real first line on this team anymore to be perfectly honest...

Schalkenullvier*

I gotta ask, where did the whole "therapy for glencross" come from?

nice win :)

Schalkenullvier*

Earlier in the year Glencross had a shot at a wide open net that he missed and the commentator said something along the lines of him needing therapy after that missed chance.

thanks! Kind of reminds me of the jokinen/big Mac Story haha

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Sooooo are we tanking for Mackinnon or we going for playoffs? Team needs to figure it out. I hate being in limbo.

That's the story year after year, isn't it? Not bad enough for a top pick, but not good enough to make the Playoffs.

Sit back and enjoy. Wins are fun :handclap:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Backlund spotted leaving the Dome with a boot and crutches.

Seriously? That would be beyond terrible. The guy just has no luck with injuries.

Sooooo are we tanking for Mackinnon or we going for playoffs? Team needs to figure it out. I hate being in limbo.

The Flames are the definition of a 0.500 team. They'll finish the season somewhere around 21-21-6, give or take a win or loss. The whole season is going to be win one, lose one, win two, lose two, etc.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Un****ing real. Officially injury prone.

Ya I agree with this, everyone seems to think its bad luck but the guy is a straight up band aid. He broke his pinky finger and was out for like 6 weeks. separated his shoulder is a routine tussle and tears his MCL after bumping into a guy and falling backwards. Now what ever happened tonight. Banged his ankle on the corner of the boards getting off the ice after the game.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Ya I agree with this, everyone seems to think its bad luck but the guy is a straight up band aid. He broke his pinky finger and was out for like 6 weeks. separated his shoulder is a routine tussle and tears his MCL after bumping into a guy and falling backwards. Now what ever happened tonight. Banged his ankle on the corner of the boards getting off the ice after the game.

But just you watch, when we cut him loose he will forever be healthy and explode for points. Like with lehtonen and thr thrashers lol

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Un****ing real. Officially injury prone.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he rushed back to play before he got back to 100%. Regardless that's not good news.

Anyways, to commemorate Glencross's hat trick, I photoshopped this up haha

glencross.therapy.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad