Scream 6 - March 10th, 2023

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not sure how many people care but figured it was noteworthy for those that do. Neither Melissa Barrera or Jenna Ortega will be in Scream 7. Barrera was dropped after comments about the Israel/Palestine conflict and Ortega has a scheduling conflict for shooting (allegedly).

The time seems ripe for Neve to return but will she be willing and can they make a compelling story surrounding her still? If she does return, I hope she takes them for every penny she can because of how they treated her last time around.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I watched it last night and didn't like it at all. I liked the first five, but this one was hard to get through. It started off fairly well, but then I quickly got bored. The characters weren't interesting (Barrera's character, especially, is so bland that I don't even remember her starring in the previous film, which came out only a year earlier), the NYC setting made it feel nothing like the previous films, the twist was very predictable and eye rolling and it was ridiculous and insulting how many characters were stabbed repeatedly and miraculously survived. Previous entries cleverly subverted clichés, but this one was just highly cliched, itself, and had no creativity. It feels like the franchise is out of ideas at this point and just churning out sequels for the sake of it, like the Saw franchise once it got up its 6th entry or so. With the two stars not returning for the next one, they should just cancel it and put the franchise to bed for a while again, but they won't.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
6 was great but not sure what they are going to do without 2 of the main characters in 7.

Not really excited.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not sure how many people care but figured it was noteworthy for those that do. Neither Melissa Barrera or Jenna Ortega will be in Scream 7. Barrera was dropped after comments about the Israel/Palestine conflict and Ortega has a scheduling conflict for shooting (allegedly).

The time seems ripe for Neve to return but will she be willing and can they make a compelling story surrounding her still? If she does return, I hope she takes them for every penny she can because of how they treated her last time around.

Figured I'd bump this.

Neve announced today that she's agreed to return for Scream 7. I'll go see it no matter what but I'm a little nervous about how they're going to create a story this time around.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Glad she's back. Truthfully, as good as 6 was, i was ready to move on from the cast. Get outta the city and back in the suburbs too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Despite being horror fan I haven't watched a Scream since Scream 3 and it was terrible

Scream 1 and 2 I enjoyed as teen but have not kept up with series

I assume they backed a truck full of $ to her house and gave in to her demand on director to get her on board. I was under impression they did her wrong in past (Financially) leading her to walk away from series

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Glad she's back. Truthfully, as good as 6 was, i was ready to move on from the cast. Get outta the city and back in the suburbs too.

I didn't like the amount of characters they've kept around but didn't mind the city for a movie (after thinking I'd hate it). Ortega's character was the one I was most interested continuing on.

Despite being horror fan I haven't watched a Scream since Scream 3 and it was terrible

Scream 1 and 2 I enjoyed as teen but have not kept up with series

I assume they backed a truck full of $ to her house and gave in to her demand on director to get her on board. I was under impression they did her wrong in past (Financially) leading her to walk away from series

On one of the earlier pages I have my rankings and Scream 3 is the worst by far (rated so by pretty much everyone. 4-6 are all good or decent enough and make Scream one of the more consistent franchises. I'd recommend giving them a go if you're at all curious.

I'm interested to hear what the number is because you're right about the financials and that's why she wasn't in Scream 6. They screwed her over then so I hope she taught them a lesson this time around, and gets to make a quality movie.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Scream 3 was the clear worst amongst the first three, but I don't understand why it's considered as bad as it's considered.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Scream 3 was the clear worst amongst the first three, but I don't understand why it's considered as bad as it's considered.

It's the campiest of the movies and introduced the voice changer which is kind of lame.

I've done a bit of reading about that movie and there were a lot of production issues and re-writes that happened. The entire premise of the movie had to be changed because the studio didn't want the movie to be as bloody/gory as the previous films or to feature students following the Columbine shooting in 1999 (Scream 3 was released in 2000).

The story itself is the least compelling for me and focuses too much on the comedic elements, so it never gets anywhere close to being scary. It seems rushed and sloppy overall but there are still some elements I do enjoy, specifically bringing back the set of the original movie but with it being a movie set.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's the campiest of the movies and introduced the voice changer which is kind of lame.

I've done a bit of reading about that movie and there were a lot of production issues and re-writes that happened. The entire premise of the movie had to be changed because the studio didn't want the movie to be as bloody/gory as the previous films or to feature students following the Columbine shooting in 1999 (Scream 3 was released in 2000).

The story itself is the least compelling for me and focuses too much on the comedic elements, so it never gets anywhere close to being scary. It seems rushed and sloppy overall but there are still some elements I do enjoy, specifically bringing back the set of the original movie but with it being a movie set.

The voice changer has been used since the 1st movie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad