GDT: [SCP R3 GM2] Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights - 2:00 PM CT (ABC)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Oettinger needs to control that better.

Dallas has been the better team for 5 of 6 regulation periods and they are down 2-0 in the series. Vegas is so damn lucky.
Yeah, he’s not finishing all of these games sub .900 by accident. He can’t let that shot s trickle through him.

of course, Miller falling down for no reason also didn’t help. Terrible all around.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'm sure they'll continue to play hard and there'll probably be more swings in the series. Ultimately they're not a serious contender playing pre-Retirement Suter in the role he's featured in.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think Dallas will get swept. Or at best lose in 5.

Vegas are a good road team so will win at least one.

I'm gutted by that outcome. Can't believe it

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They aren't a serious contender until they can win in OT.

Lose either of these next 2 games on home ice and we are screwed

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I'm sure they'll continue to play hard and there'll probably be more swings in the series. Ultimately they're not a serious contender playing pre-Retirement Suter in the role he's featured in.
Getting Miro a real partner needs to the highest priority. Look at how good he is with Suter. Imagine him with someone that deserves to be a top pair Dman.

Reactions: DieselPig

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Getting Miro a real partner needs to the highest priority. Look at how good he is with Suter. Imagine him with someone that deserves to be a top pair Dman.

Shit, you could clone Miro and the Stars would still probably be losing with the way Oettinger has played as of late with his terrible rebound control and recovery.

Reactions: DieselPig

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
Sucks, but not surprising. The D-Core isn't good enough. Suter, Hanley, Harley and Miller all are getting exposed shift after shift after shift and it's not surprising when all those guys should be a #6 on a good D-Core.
Agreed.

Suter costed them this game in the end. What a waste..

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Well... we need 2 home win now. Can't afford to lose either of them.

It's unfortunate because they have been the better team today.

They sit back on a one goal lead in the 3rd.. Can't do that againts Vegas.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I will say tho, win game 3 and suddenly we are in the same position we started the other 2 series' in. Vegas is the better team I'd say, basically what we want to be but with a better defense, but they aren't unbeatable, we just suck in OT. That's the only difference so far.

I won't say I'm confident but I won't give up on our chances til we lose a home game tbh.

Also, we desperately need a goal from our other 2 scoring lines.

MVPSteph

May 20, 2022
if that collapse was the series, panthers will destroy these cap cheating plastic franchise anyway.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It was a fun run and there’s still hockey left but it doesn’t look good and you sure as f*** can’t play against Florida like this. They would bury us

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Don't want to sink the boots into the rookie..but man Wyatt...he had his chance, genuine prime A1 scoring chance. Shot it at Hills stomach.

Marchessault had similar chance, scored to tie it.

Love Wyatt, but we got out OT golden chance and missed

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Still have 2 more years of that loser to suffer through.
Everyone involved in the decision to sign him should be taken out back and shot, repeatedly
We may have to shoot Pavs too in that case :laugh:

Unrelated but I'm starting to rethink the idea that 3-on-3 doesn't matter for the playoffs. If you are so colossally bad at 3-on-3 during the season, the sheer mental damage you take from losing over and over apparently can impact your ability to play in any sudden death situation down the road regardless of the amount of skaters.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We may have to shoot Pavs too in that case :laugh:

Unrelated but I'm starting to rethink the idea that 3-on-3 doesn't matter for the playoffs. If you are so colossally bad at 3-on-3 during the season, the sheer mental damage you take from losing over and over apparently can impact your ability to play in any sudden death situation down the road regardless of the amount of skaters.
If he was involved he deserves it every bit as much as Nill and co

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Oh well. The season has been a success because we "went deep in the playoffs." We will have to be content with that, and frankly, they played much better than the year before and were considered a borderline playoff team when the season began.

Vegas is a very good team, a few points better than we were in the regular season. Maybe if we could play in OT we would have been tied or ahead, but we can't, we weren't, and we aren't.

Some recent life events have taught me that it's just hockey. In addition, part of me says, "whew, we won't have to pay $400 per seat if we make the conference finals. We may not even have to pay $260 a seat for the third home game of this series, so Mr. Wallet is happy when I am sad.

While Otter hasn't been other worldly as he can be, every LV goal this series has been from less than 10 feet out. Stars did a good job of clearing reoubnds for 2.5 periods. I don't lay the blame on him. Even the D seemed to be playing their best until that Suter turnover. If it was Nils, he would be sitting next game. Unfortunately, even he made a lot of nice plays earlier.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad