GDT: [SCP R2 GM7] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken - 7:00 PM CT (ESPN)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Didn't quite expect them to actually sit Jani but it makes sense. Miller for all his flaws is a much better puck handler. Also wasn't Jani like hurt earlier during the series anyway and missed i think game 2 or 4 ?

Great win. Didn't give Seattle much all game . Last minute surge was expected .

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Dalals continues to be so Jeckyl and Hyde. What a weird series of blowouts (even if the score didnt reflect tonights dominance by Dallas).

Said it earlier but how nice was it to be on the other side of the Blues/Calgary series dynamics? And be the actual dominating team getting goalied vs the team being dominated and relying on the goalie. Refreshing.

Reactions: Triple Ex El and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dalals continues to be so Jeckyl and Hyde. What a weird series of blowouts (even if the score didnt reflect tonights dominance by Dallas).

Said it earlier but how nice was it to be on the other side of the Blues/Calgary series dynamics? And be the actual dominating team getting goalied vs the team being dominated and relying on the goalie. Refreshing.

I was thinking that exact thing too. Gives me more hope going forward.

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Need to go to work so can't really be long-winded (can you use that expression in English?), but I wouldn't pick a single d-man in the league instead of Heiskanen at this moment. You might not think the same, but you know why that's my opinion. He can kill any offensive attempts from the opposing teams in his own zone in so many was: Poke checks, insanly clever body positioning, body checks and from time to time some dekes that's off the charts. Never puts his d-man partner (or any other team mate in tough positions). His outlet passes...oh my gosh. He can follow the rushes, keep the whole opposing teams on their toes. He would have quite a few more points if Robertson had scored a few more (or just scored) in the PP.

Expecting 40 minutes/game moving on.

A silent Yey! People are probably still asleep over here.

Reactions: Klockis and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Need to go to work so can't really be long-winded (can you use that expression in English?), but I wouldn't pick a single d-man in the league instead of Heiskanen at this moment. You might not think the same, but you know why that's my opinion. He can kill any offensive attempts from the opposing teams in his own zone in so many was: Poke checks, insanly clever body positioning, body checks and from time to time some dekes that's off the charts. Never puts his d-man partner (or any other team mate in tough positions). His outlet passes...oh my gosh. He can follow the rushes, keep the whole opposing teams on their toes. He would have quite a few more points if Robertson had scored a few more (or just scored) in the PP.

Expecting 40 minutes/game moving on.

A silent Yey! People are probably still asleep over here.

That phrase is common in English, I think it translates very well.

Totally agreed on Heiskanen. His defense is just so suffocating, it's incredible to watch the more you see and understand what he does. He's not a particularly risky player, but he is basically never out of position to break up an opposing chance.

Reactions: MarginNotes

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I hope Heiskanen gets some more recognition league wide during these playoffs, the guy deserves it. Maybe in a year or 2 he'll get some Norris nominations that he should have been getting all along. If he played in Toronto he'd have a cabinet full of trophies by now (except for a Cup ring because lol Leafs). It still blows my mind how under the radar he is around the NHL

Reactions: MarginNotes

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I hope Heiskanen gets some more recognition league wide during these playoffs, the guy deserves it. Maybe in a year or 2 he'll get some Norris nominations that he should have been getting all along. If he played in Toronto he'd have a cabinet full of trophies by now (except for a Cup ring because lol Leafs). It still blows my mind how under the radar he is around the NHL

Been so funny these playoffs how the rest of the skaters play very balanced minutes and Heiskanen is allways at 30-ish

Reactions: LT and redbeardtx

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Been so funny these playoffs how the rest of the skaters play very balanced minutes and Heiskanen is allways at 30-ish
He really plays a game where he conserves his energy. Doesn't take one unnecessary stride. Guess he's in an insanely good shape as well. We're blessed that Suter actually plays well now.

Next year I think Harley is up for some more minutes. Maybe now already? A puck moving d-man is hard to come by in Dallas at the moment...I can't really understand how we've survived this far with our d-core.

What are the odds for another d-man pickup this off-season?

Last edited:
Reactions: Elysian

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Lol Hintz can't even keep up 2 points per game pace, what a let down.

Honestly tho, he is such an effective and entertaining player.
I get why North America based media ignores him mostly... but I have no idea why he is not more hyped here in Finland. Our sport media will rather speculate Patrik Laine and his videogames haha.

Bring the Cup to Nokia, Roope.

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
I think we already made that pickup last season with Lundkvist. I think we just have to hope he works out or else we might see something at the TDL.

Edit: Though knowing Nill, I could be wrong and we add another one for competition/saftey.
We'll see. From my point of view it was a (big) misstake not to give him enough (playing) time during the regular season to get used to NHL and/or Dallas Stars. I know, he has played 85 games in the big league already, but putting him in the parking lot for a few mistakes here and there is just plain ... stupid. It's not like he couldn't have reached the same level than some of our regulars by now. I'm not an expert, I hope the coaches know what's best for the team - now and in the long run.

(If he not make it next year he's more than welcome back to "my" team in Sweden!)

Reactions: LT and Klockis

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
I would like to request a moratorium on Lundkvist talk till after the run’s over. Final four runs don’t happen often enough to focus on D pairings the next season.

This is so awesome guys.
Playing Lundkvist now and forever will make those runs a habit for Dallas!!!

Fair enough, we'll take this round and the next with the group we put on the ice at the moment.

Miller over Hakanpää, right?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
At least my playoff jinx has been broken. It was a fun game, even if low scoring. The eye test says Dallas was better, and I heard a stat on the radio that they had more high danger scoring chances by a margin of 27-11. I know the Kraken also blocked close to two dozen shots (17 the last I saw it on the stats board at the end of the arena) I would say Dallas was dominating or outplaying the Kraken about 55-45% of the time. Still, it took two great individual plays to actually score, despite the many times they pressured the K. Short version, Dallas deserved to win that game by a slight margin and they did.

On to Vegas! I went to a Stars-Knights game out there once (the one where Radek Faksa scored a natural hat trick) and keep getting offers to buy playoff tickets there. If you have a chance, they do put on a great show pre, during, and post game, that is worth it to see. Not to me, of course, since I am already having trouble paying of the bill for my home game playoff strips, LOL.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
At least my playoff jinx has been broken. It was a fun game, even if low scoring. The eye test says Dallas was better, and I heard a stat on the radio that they had more high danger scoring chances by a margin of 27-11. I know the Kraken also blocked close to two dozen shots (17 the last I saw it on the stats board at the end of the arena) I would say Dallas was dominating or outplaying the Kraken about 55-45% of the time. Still, it took two great individual plays to actually score, despite the many times they pressured the K. Short version, Dallas deserved to win that game by a slight margin and they did.

On to Vegas! I went to a Stars-Knights game out there once (the one where Radek Faksa scored a natural hat trick) and keep getting offers to buy playoff tickets there. If you have a chance, they do put on a great show pre, during, and post game, that is worth it to see. Not to me, of course, since I am already having trouble paying of the bill for my home game playoff strips, LOL.
Went out there for the game Feb 25+ a Vegas weekend with some buddies and it was an incredible experience. Can’t recommend it enough

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He is so quietly so good.

In fact, all of the Stars looked really composed with the puck most of the night. Harley really is starting to stand out as our no. 2 D.

BTW, after that WJ goal, which was a beaut, I just wanted to say "Suck it, NHL" for having the narrative of Beniers being the rookie of the year since he was drafted and never changing it, and not even giving Wyatt a nod.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad