GDT: [SCP R2 GM1] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (ESPN)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I thought the biggest waste was our opportunity to play rested while SEA was playing on Sunday. Oh well, I hope this works out like last series, results wise after losing game 1.

Out of curiosity, I checked my personal results attending Stars games this year. In the regular season they were 22-10-9 at home, a bit over .500 when considering all types of losses. When I was in the arena personally, they were 11-5-6, so I saw half their wins and 11/19 of their losses. Add in 2 OT playoff losses (my partners have both seen easy wins) and I am below .500 for the year.

Including the playoffs, I personally watched 6 OT losses since January 1 out of 17 games, or better than 33% of the games I saw.

I have contacted my ticket partners to say (or sing, LOL) "Im the problem, it's me." I believe I am going to offer them all my tickets to save this team.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I thought the biggest waste was our opportunity to play rested while SEA was playing on Sunday. Oh well, I hope this works out like last series, results wise after losing game 1.

Out of curiosity, I checked my personal results attending Stars games this year. In the regular season they were 22-10-9 at home, a bit over .500 when considering all types of losses. When I was in the arena personally, they were 11-5-6, so I saw half their wins and 11/19 of their losses. Add in 2 OT playoff losses (my partners have both seen easy wins) and I am below .500 for the year.

Including the playoffs, I personally watched 6 OT losses since January 1 out of 17 games, or better than 33% of the games I saw.

I have contacted my ticket partners to say (or sing, LOL) "Im the problem, it's me." I believe I am going to offer them all my tickets to save this team.

If I'm in your position, I'm watching the Stars when they play the better teams to see all the best players in the league, and give away every ticket against a team like the Coyotes or something. Maybe you just watched the Stars play against other competitive teams, and that's going to look a lot worse for any team.

Don't worry, it's not your fault. When ONE GUY scores 4 goals and the rest of the team does f*** all, that's just embarrassing. I agree with whoever said that I'm more bothered by that than the loss itself.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If I'm in your position, I'm watching the Stars when they play the better teams to see all the best players in the league, and give away every ticket against a team like the Coyotes or something. Maybe you just watched the Stars play against other competitive teams, and that's going to look a lot worse for any team.

Don't worry, it's not your fault. When ONE GUY scores 4 goals and the rest of the team does f*** all, that's just embarrassing. I agree with whoever said that I'm more bothered by that than the loss itself.
Actually, what is funny, in a way, is that when I buy the tickets, take 21, sell 10 each to two other guys, the minority ticket partners usually put it a request for all the "good" games. It cvan be a struggle in these arrangements to "equitably split" the games. I make sure we all get the 3X division opponents once each, and then we try to split the games up equally on Eastern Conference, etc. No matter, my experience has been that the majority partner (me) usually ends up with a higher % of so called lower interest games than the other 2. I've been doing this since 1994, and it just happens.

My regular season OTL games included WPG in Nov, Minny in Dec, Buf in Jan, Bost, and Van in Feb., and SEA in March, not to mention Minny and Sea in the playoffs. I know a lot of us said that it didn't matter as those OTL were 3 on 3. We aren't any better 5 on 5.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad