GDT: [SCP R2 GM1] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (ESPN)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Lazy and unlucky at the same time. Benn and Dadonov competing at about 50% while Gourde is going all out.

Then you have Hakanpaa getting outskated by Tolvanen the entire shift to keep the pressure in the zone. He's going to have an awful series. Seattle plays so quick and hard in tight spaces. Hakanpaa can't skate with them and when he gets the puck it's like his hands and brain don't work together and he can't make an easy exit pass or clear.

Dallas played like ass the first half of the game. Finally got it going and then a lucky bounce ends it in OT. Exact same as Wild game 1. I didn't see Robo and Seguin much in OT. Were they missing shifts or was I just missing them? It seemed like Hintz was being double shifted but rarely with them.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Losing game 1 on home ice is embarrassing alone, add in the fact we wasted a great comeback and Joe's performance.

f*** these guys, seems like they don't care to actually put in the work to win they just want it handed to them. Not every team is Minnesota you idiots.

Reactions: DieselPig

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
At what point is Robertson going to get called out? You can’t have a regular season like that and disappear in the playoffs. Benn needs to be called out as well. Top 2 point guys in the regular seasons are providing nothing 5v5 and that is where Seattle lives.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seguin has been TERRIBLE on that line. He did nothing even strength against the Wild as well.

Seguin can't skate well enough to be any help to the top line.

Seguin is a grinder at this point, and not a good one. He belongs nowhere near the top line.

His hockey IQ is not good, speed and shot is what he had and he has neither now.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know it would never happen but Lundqvist would be better against this forecheck than Hakanpaa. He's to slow in speed and decision making.

As long as we get Miller out we upgrade so I will take that.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I can’t imagine we don’t see the top line reunited for game 2. Also Miller will be out.
I guess I can see keeping Pavelski with the second line because it is pretty bad without him. But if they do, they need to put Dadonov or Dellandrea or Kiviranta on the top line in Seguin’s spot.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
The uptick in pace from the Minnesota series was on a different level. Dallas was definitely not ready. Although the 2nd period was still mostly in favor of Seattle, we finally settled in and started winning puck battles and slowed them down. I think you will see a different Dallas team from the get go in game 2. Seattle's forecheck is nasty though.

Thank you Dumba. Pav just needed some rest. Sorry it was waisted tonight though.

Now a mention of less than desirable: Colin Miller is just trash at this level of Hockey. His passes or lack thereof out of the back are bad. On the wall he is weak. Pray for ole' consistent Hanley back for game 2.

I hate to say it, but Robo just can't handle the pace of playoff hockey. He doesn't have time like he does in regular season to dance his way open for a shot. he was just like this against Calgary last year. Is it lack of confidence or what?

God love Jamie Benn, but he is just floating around making shit pass after shit pass. He had one good shift tonight in my opinion.

Lindell was not himself tonight. Low energy and just weak on the boards. He is Mr. Consistent and we did not see that tonight from him.

Miro has some very uncharacteristic turnovers and just didn't seem like he had his legs.

Rant over, just had to get it off my chest.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now that ive calmed down, you gotta love the playoffs.

1 loss = season over
1 win = series is ours for the taking

It's game 1. Panic time is if we lose game 2 as well imo. Kraken scored 3 goals in 52 seconds riding a momentum high and a shaky Oettinger and then a lucky one in OT after we finally started to control play. Game 1 was meaningless against Minnesota, hopefully it's the same way here. Team got the first game jitters out of the way and hopefully now can properly adjust and prepare for the Kraken forecheck going forward. We could see the forecheck becoming less effective as the 3rd went on.

One thing I noticed in the Avs series: the Kraken come out hot in the first period of every game. Full force, full effort, full forecheck. 2nd period, things settle down a bit and the play is more even. 3rd period, they generally got/get dominated it seems but their goalie bailed them out a ton. Perhaps it's their heavy forechecking style that prevents them from being able to play that way the whole game, idk but eventually they do wear themselves out, very much so like the Wild did in game 1 but got lucky in OT of course.

This was anyone's game for the taking. This'll be a long series if this keeps up (which based off the Stars games vs the Kraken this season- it likely will)

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Never going to win a cup if you can’t win in OT. Never going to win OT if your star players don’t show up. Robertson is too slow for the playoffs and has been useless unless he is on the PP. Otter can’t give up that many goals.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Lazy and unlucky at the same time. Benn and Dadonov competing at about 50% while Gourde is going all out.

Then you have Hakanpaa getting outskated by Tolvanen the entire shift to keep the pressure in the zone. He's going to have an awful series. Seattle plays so quick and hard in tight spaces. Hakanpaa can't skate with them and when he gets the puck it's like his hands and brain don't work together and he can't make an easy exit pass or clear.

Dallas played like ass the first half of the game. Finally got it going and then a lucky bounce ends it in OT. Exact same as Wild game 1. I didn't see Robo and Seguin much in OT. Were they missing shifts or was I just missing them? It seemed like Hintz was being double shifted but rarely with them.
Lucky bounce?

Erebor

Jan 8, 2019
One thing is clear against Seattle, Harley needs to play much more.
The phyical game by Minnesota suited Suter, Lindell and Hakanpaa, but Seattle are skating circles around them. Harley (again) looked outstanding.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Honestly the Kraken is one of the fun teams to watch this year.
This loss can be a saving grace
We are capable of winning in Seattle and if our first line plays at its level we should win this series.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I didn't like what I saw from puck drop. Seattle put up pace that Dallas couldn't keep up with. Otter battled the puck and it felt like everything was going in. Nobody looked fresh or ready to play. When a team comes out with that kind of step, you need to be detailed in your own zone - which green certainly wasn't early on.

It's good to see that green woke up in the third. They literally put me to sleep after that uninspiring second period. Great teams measure their opponents out in Game 1 and make adjustments afterwards. I hope PDB is able to get us back on track for Thursday night.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Lucky bounce?

Definitely was. Gourde was trying to pass it back to the point, hits a stars players skates
and stops everything, allows him to turn and flip it at the net...

Having said that, Seattle brought a better game in overtime and deserved the win.

I think the Stars can adjust and come back. Will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad