GDT: [SCP R1 GM6] Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Flames - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So if Glendening can't go ( he sure as hell is going to try but may not be able ) who comes in ? I don't think Rads or Gurianov play in game 7 . Dellandrea time ?

Karlstrom over Dellandrea I'd imagine

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
So if Glendening can't go ( he sure as hell is going to try but may not be able ) who comes in ? I don't think Rads or Gurianov play in game 7 . Dellandrea time ?
Guryanov did pretty much single handedly eliminate the flames in the bubble . 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Magic Mittens

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Guryanov did pretty much single handedly eliminate the flames in the bubble . 🤷🏼‍♂️

I assume coaching staff wants to replace Glendenings role 1 for 1 and Gurianov is not that.

Then again i also assume unless Glendening is close to dead he's going to play.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I assume coaching staff wants to replace Glendenings role 1 for 1 and Gurianov is not that.

Then again i also assume unless Glendening is close to dead he's going to play.
Ya I don’t see them bringing an ahl guy in for game 7 though when you have 3 nhl players sitting in the bleachers .

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I think either Glendening drags his dead body out there and plays or we get to see Radulov one more time. Studenic might move to more of a checking line with Faksa and Radulov goes on the Peterson line.

Bowness loves his veterans and will want to give Radulov one more chance.

Reactions: BfantZ

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Studenic can move down. Maybe even Namastikov. No coach would bring in an AHL guy with no NHL experience for a game 7. It would probably be a fireable offense. And Bones is on thin ice anyway.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Studenic can move down. Maybe even Namastikov. No coach would bring in an AHL guy with no NHL experience for a game 7. It would probably be a fireable offense. And Bones is on thin ice anyway.

Bowness got an extension after benching Cogliano in the bubble but sure OK.

@serp is correct. Bowness never thinks in terms of the next best up. He replaces roles. It doesn't mean it won't necessarily be one of the veterans, but this is just hyperbole.

Bones isn't perfect, but he's fairly predictable. He'll either outright replace Glendening with the guy that comes in or he'll look at one of those 11 that played as the replacement and simply find someone to fill that player's lesser role.

I honestly couldn't care less if Dellandrea plays, I actually don't expect him to be the replacement, but you're being dramatic if a defensive forward, right shot, that can win faceoffs isn't being considered based on what Glendening's role is on that team.

My prediction is the Top 9 will eventually just simply be what we saw after the injury should Glendening not be able to go which was reuniting the top line, Namestnikov with Benn and Seguin the majority of the time, and Raffl back with Kiviranta and Faksa. I say eventually because it wouldn't surprise me if they start with Vlad at center on what is essentially the 4th line. I don't think Bones loves Peterson at center. Regardless, I'd be shocked if anyone that replaces Glendening plays meaningful minutes. It'll end up being a 3 line game mostly.

The fact that Dellandrea is the best available center as a replacement, even if it's unlikely, means he's in the mix. Even if that means making more than 1 roster move because I'd be equally shocked if Dellandrea, Peterson, and Studenic are on a line together. If Bones felt strongly about wanting a center and Dellandrea came in, I could easily see Studenic or Peterson coming out for a veteran winger as well.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Holy hell ... it just occurred to me that wrote Raffl-Faksa-Kiviranta as a line for the first time this season, and I didn't hate it. In fact ... I'm here for it. Those 3, particularly Raffl have taken on a whole new life in the post-season.

This is for the future ... but it would be criminal to not add an established scorer to this team. At minimum it's negligent. No excuses about the cap. You make the space. If you believe what you say about being built for the playoffs if you don't make the space and add an established scorer, not just a rookie, you're just speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You didn't try and get better this summer if you come back with largely the same group minus Radulov and Klingberg. Dallas is going to have to pay to sell off some contracts. There's no option where you don't and you still get better.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Holy hell ... it just occurred to me that wrote Raffl-Faksa-Kiviranta as a line for the first time this season, and I didn't hate it. In fact ... I'm here for it. Those 3, particularly Raffl have taken on a whole new life in the post-season.

This is for the future ... but it would be criminal to not add an established scorer to this team. At minimum it's negligent. No excuses about the cap. You make the space. If you believe what you say about being built for the playoffs if you don't make the space and add an established scorer, not just a rookie, you're just speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You didn't try and get better this summer if you come back with largely the same group minus Radulov and Klingberg. Dallas is going to have to pay to sell off some contracts. There's no option where you don't and you still get better.

Can’t wait for us to sign Giroux and Lyubushkin so we can say we’ve won yet another offseason

Reactions: Satan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Johnston - Giroux
Peterson - Seguin - Namestnikov
Raffl - Faksa - Glendening
Kiviranta, Tufte

Heiskanen - Suter
Lindell - Harley
Lyubushkin - Hakanpaa
Hanley

Oettinger
Wedgewood

I don’t know if the cap works but a very rough mental estimate seems like it would be close.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Johnston - Giroux
Peterson - Seguin - Namestnikov
Raffl - Faksa - Glendening
Kiviranta, Tufte

Heiskanen - Suter
Lindell - Harley
Lyubushkin - Hakanpaa
Hanley

Oettinger
Wedgewood

I don’t know if the cap works but a very rough mental estimate seems like it would be close.
Looks good but where does Bedard fit in 2023-24?

Reactions: LT

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I genuinely hope Namestnikov is back. He's exactly what you want in a depth player. Could form a nice little 3rd line with someone like Damiani or Dellandrea if they make it
Agreed. When I am surprised by one of our players effectively carrying the puck instead of dumping it in or flipping it out, it’s usually him. Let’s hope Bowness is gone next year so he can’t coach that out of him.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

Can someone check and see if Bones got fired and the Dallas Stars just didn't announce it? Asking for a friend.

Bones is very predictable. He's a plug-and-play coach. I still think he's likely not the #1 option to come in, but Dellandrea is definitely on call tonight and a possibility.

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad