GDT: [SCP R1 GM6] Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Flames - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I hate that people will shit on Tkachuk after that game. It's not his fault. Tkachuk is an offensive winger. He's feisty but his actual defensive skills are still in development because he's still young.

People say shit like "oh he doesn't have a goal." Well he scored a point tonight, an assist, and that's what a scoring winger does. Scoring one point each game is really good offensive output, elite forwards over a full season only average about one point per game or a little more. And some people make big bones out of the fact that it's an assist and not a goal. It makes no practical difference, an assist and a goal both indicate that one goal was scored.

But that's why I say. Some players bring tremendous attention to themselves, and maybe also they're good at selling jerseys, but contribute significantly less to the actual winning effort. Not only is the absence of points not sufficient evidence for a lack of value, the presence of points is not conclusive evidence of the presence of value. Even an elite forward scores what, maybe 1.3 PPG? 4 points over 3 games. Your team is usually going to give up more than 4 goals in 3 games, and that's why it's important to have players who can lock down the ice for long periods of time. Players who can play hard minutes, play both ends of the ice.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
No

But maybe.

It sounds like probably not. He may have passed concussion protocol today, but you never know how he'll wake up. On top of that, he wasn't ruled out of the game because of the head hit. Bowness said he has a lower-body injury and he couldn't skate. He tweaked something when he collapsed.

I hope he does play, but he has a lot going against him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hate that people will shit on Tkachuk after that game. It's not his fault. Tkachuk is an offensive winger. He's feisty but his actual defensive skills are still in development because he's still young.

People say shit like "oh he doesn't have a goal." Well he scored a point tonight, an assist, and that's what a scoring winger does. Scoring one point each game is really good offensive output, elite forwards over a full season only average about one point per game or a little more. And some people make big bones out of the fact that it's an assist and not a goal. It makes no practical difference, an assist and a goal both indicate that one goal was scored.

But that's why I say. Some players bring tremendous attention to themselves, and maybe also they're good at selling jerseys, but contribute significantly less to the actual winning effort. Not only is the absence of points not sufficient evidence for a lack of value, the presence of points is not conclusive evidence of the presence of value. Even an elite forward scores what, maybe 1.3 PPG? 4 points over 3 games. Your team is usually going to give up more than 4 goals in 3 games, and that's why it's important to have players who can lock down the ice for long periods of time. Players who can play hard minutes, play both ends of the ice.

Tkachuk has been pretty garbage in this series. Gaudreau and Lindholm are the only reason he has any points so far.

He's been completely invisible outside of getting beat down by Raffl and jumping Klingberg twice.

8 points in 20 career playoff games for an offensive winger is not good. I'm sure most Flames fans would agree based on what I've seen. Still time to make up for it with game 7 coming up so i dont wanna jinx him, but so far to this point he has not been good. If the stats aren't updated yet then it's 9 points in 21 playoff games. Not good

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Tkachuk has been pretty garbage in this series. Gaudreau and Lindholm are the only reason he has any points so far.

He's been completely invisible outside of getting beat down by Raffl and jumping Klingberg twice.

8 points in 20 career playoff games for an offensive winger is not good. I'm sure most Flames fans would agree based on what I've seen. Still time to make up for it with game 7 coming up so i dont wanna jinx him, but so far to this point he has not been good. If the stats aren't updated yet then it's 9 points in 21 playoff games. Not good
I think the question has to either be on if he's been garbage this series or if he's been garbage in his career in the playoffs, the evidence for this series can't be 9 points in 21 games, it has to be 4 points in 5 games.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Can we make it a point to, nut pinch zadarov in game 7..

Punch* or pinch lmao

You had it right the first time. That seems way more insulting and the humiliation level is about 1000.

I think the question has to either be on if he's been garbage this series or if he's been garbage in his career in the playoffs, the evidence for this series can't be 9 points in 21 games, it has to be 4 points in 5 games.

Why exactly do you care so much? Did I stumble into the Calgary forum? I'm very confused.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

His linemates are performing better in this series, he has remained invisible. Been seeing plenty of Gaudreau and Lindholm. 104 points and 42 goals this season, 4 assists in 5 games isn't good enough, especially cause these aren't plays that he's driving.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
It appears a good bench that can bench is needed to win games at home :skeptic:

I knew Dallas would deliver.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Well that was pretty fun, always happy to get the win when the team has to deal with an extended 9 on 5. I dunno if they'll play this well again, but at least I got to see it once during these playoffs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hate they layed so much of an egg in game 4 . Now it comes down to a game 7 on the road. It's obviously not impossible but they have to play much better at the Saddledome than they have so far in the series.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Miro with the GWG. Love that.

Can we get someone to hypnotize him to make him think that he just scored an own goal and has to go get it back all the time?

Honestly, of the 5 games I've watched, this was the first game where Dallas looked like they deserved to win on merit. Can't believe they're going to game 7, Oettinger is going to get paid.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Game 6 was Dallas best game of the series. Heiskanen looked dominant and was engaging in the play and using his insane skating. The top line was creating chances. And Otter was playing amazing although he was juggling the puck a bit with his rebounds.

Going back to the Saddledome all pressure is gonna be on Calgary. Should be a good one!

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's the number of times he's had the puck come to him in prime scoring chances only to see him flub his shot attempt that is a problem. Having his offense fall from 40+ goals 100+ points to now having zero goals and four assists in six games is partly why this is going to game seven.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That game places in my all time top Stars games for sure. I still like the 5-4, last 45 second comeback against boston in 95, and the first game 7 against the Avs in 99, but this is no lower than third.

I forgot how hard it is to hold my breath for 3 straight hours!

Reactions: Elysian

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That game places in my all time top Stars games for sure. I still like the 5-4, last 45 second comeback against boston in 95, and the first game 7 against the Avs in 99, but this is no lower than third.

I forgot how hard it is to hold my breath for 3 straight hours!

Better than game 6 OT3 versus SJ? Or the famous game 7 versus Colorado in the bubble?

Those were all great ones as well.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I left the SJS game because my then young son had school the next day and was tired. I saw the GWG on TV at home. For some reason, I didn't get as involved with the bubble run because it just didn't seem all that legit, but yes, those were both great games!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So if Glendening can't go ( he sure as hell is going to try but may not be able ) who comes in ? I don't think Rads or Gurianov play in game 7 . Dellandrea time ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad