GDT: [SCP R1 GM5] Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild - 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Focusing on even strength contributions from guys paid for offense, the following guys have zero five on five points this series:
Seguin
Robertson
Domi
Marchment

Reactions: LT

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Watched it late. Great game by the Stars.

Although Robo didn’t get any 5on5 points, this was his (and his lines) best game at 5on5 of the series. They created a ton of chances and zone time.

When was the last time we’ve seen Seguin look so confident? Absolutely awesome to see.

Foligno is a tool. But good for him for not throwing another hissy fit.

f***ing Otter and rounding into last years playoff form, look out.

Also love that Delly one timed into the EN

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just finished watching this game late and that was a Stars game 5 win; Foligno spit on his team and the Stars added to it. Knock ‘em out in Minny, get some rest and we’ll see Pavs again.

Loved that casual spin and wrap around attempt from Dadonov late in the 2nd; bring him back please.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Focusing on even strength contributions from guys paid for offense, the following guys have zero five on five points this series:
Seguin
Robertson
Domi
Marchment

As long as the team is getting 5v5 points at a decent clip, then it is very okay that not everyone, especially the guys who are normally good at 5v5, are not getting 5v5 points. Because that means they are drawing the best coverage away from guys who can beat weaker competition.

Which we see here.

Reactions: LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
really wish they hadn't locked the main board GDT.. i still had this receipt to pull from post #2:

@eartotheground said:
predicting the wild come out and try unsuccessfully to drag the stars into their goonerific ways, granting dallas powerplays that bury minny. the game devolves into a special teams contest and game misconducts are passed out like candy at a children's parade.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
As long as the team is getting 5v5 points at a decent clip, then it is very okay that not everyone, especially the guys who are normally good at 5v5, are not getting 5v5 points. Because that means they are drawing the best coverage away from guys who can beat weaker competition.

Which we see here.
The Stars now have six 5v5 goals in five games. That's not a decent clip.

Thankfully, the PP is awesome and the Wild are idiots.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
The Stars now have six 5v5 goals in five games. That's not a decent clip.

Thankfully, the PP is awesome and the Wild are idiots.
An awkward start to and series so far but I see Dallas taking a step into the 2nd especially if we take game six in Minnesota.

Hintz is a big guy running with it and Robo looked a lot better tonight with some fight. Get Pavelski back and let Heiskanen and Otter continue with their game…

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
How freaking whiney can one fanbase be? Is anything a penalty to them? What about a major? We need to beat them in their barn. I cannot wait till they're done and crying for the rest of the off-season at how the refs screwed them over rather than acknowledge their abysmal play and goonery.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
An awkward start to and series so far but I see Dallas taking a step into the 2nd especially if we take game six in Minnesota.

Hintz is a big guy running with it and Robo looked a lot better tonight with some fight. Get Pavelski back and let Heiskanen and Otter continue with their game…
also wyatt is all around it. just a matter of time. that scrawny kid is even winning puck battles along the boards now. insane. get pavs back, and with otter getting his feet under him, this could be a really, really fun playoffs.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
also wyatt is all around it. just a matter of time. that scrawny kid is even winning puck battles along the boards now. insane. get pavs back, and with otter getting his feet under him, this could be a really, really fun playoffs.
Agree, he has put in the most 5v5 forward minutes (from Razor) as a kid and has looked comfortable.

When our top line gets back together, that gets our middle 6 back together and will help the teams scoring at even strength overall.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad