GDT: [SCP R1 GM3] Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Flames - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Studenic may not be the answer, but I could see Peterson or Kalstrom getting a shot on Monday to play some 4th line minutes.
I feel like Bones doesn't tinker with a winning lineup but on the other hand I don't really care which depth player plays those 6 minutes filled by Studenic and Kiviranta. It should probably be Peterson but I don't know if he's fast/strong enough to keep up with the pace of play- at least the other two have motors.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I feel like Bones doesn't tinker with a winning lineup but on the other hand I don't really care which depth player plays those 6 minutes filled by Studenic and Kiviranta. It should probably be Peterson but I don't know if he's fast/strong enough to keep up with the pace of play- at least the other two have motors.

I actually completely agree, but also just devil's advocate the lineup did change between Game 2 and 3.

RE: Studenic ... I just wonder if they might tinker because he was used so little, but I agree with you it's 100% take it or leave it. I don't particularly care who's going to be playing that role at this point. I honestly don't even care if it's Rads as long as he's not on the PP right now.

Love the dude, but whether it's age or slow to adjust after surgery ... he's not that guy today that they need, and I don't see that changing these playoffs unfortunately.

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If they want a speedy guy to bring some energy for 5-8 minutes Karlström seems like a good option once they call up the AHL guys. It's what he did in his 3 games late in the season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Studenic and Seguin were the Stars worst players last night

Also I know someone else mentioned it but I agree that Kiviranta deserves more ice time. He's a little tank out there during the playoffs it seems. Saw him throwing his body at Lucic a time or 2, he's one of those little guys who can actually hit people pretty damn good..plus there's no panic in his game right now. I think Studenic not playing very well hurt his chances of more ice time though

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I imagine Black Aces like Karlstrom, Dellandrea, Damiani, etc., will be in Dallas tomorrow. Saturday was probably a travel day back to Austin. I bet they're on the way to Dallas today.

Karlstrom feels like the only one with a real opportunity to play unless there are a slew of injuries.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring up. I'm curious about D. Again ... none of them have any real chance of playing, but are they going to bring Texas' Top 4? Maybe just 2 of them?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I watched the entire game the other night but missed it. Why did Benn get fined $5K for a high stick?
He was poking at Mangiapane’s face through the net, when Suter had him pinned down behind the goal.
Was around 10min mark in the 2nd period.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
He was poking at Mangiapane’s face through the net, when Suter had him pinned down behind the goal.
Was around 10min mark in the 2nd period.
It’s like a renaissance painting

LCLSZtw.png

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Last minute of this game and Flames have pulled their goalie. Benn gets the puck wide open on his own blueline. Rather than get over the red line to shoot at the empty net, Benn just says f*** it getting over the red line and just shoots from the neutral zone and misses the net. Now the Flames have a faceoff in the Stars zone with 16 seconds left.

So 2 questions:

1/ Why is Benn on the ice in the final minute if he is too stupid to figure that out
2/ Why is Benn the captain of the Stars ? All of these endless coaches and none of them have the balls to strip him of it ?

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Last minute of this game and Flames have pulled their goalie. Benn gets the puck wide open on his own blueline. Rather than get over the red line to shoot at the empty net, Benn just says f*** it getting over the red line and just shoots from the neutral zone and misses the net. Now the Flames have a faceoff in the Stars zone with 16 seconds left.

So 2 questions:

1/ Why is Benn on the ice in the final minute if he is too stupid to figure that out
2/ Why is Benn the captain of the Stars ? All of these endless coaches and none of them have the balls to strip him of it ?

He should have waited to shoot it, and the following is based on me only seeing one quick replay... But it would have gone in if a Flame stick hadn't barely deflected it. Shouldn't have been icing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

So 2 questions:

People put to much stock into the captain thing. Yes it was dumb not to cross the red line, but the only people making a big deal out him being the captain are fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad