Scott Niedermayer vs Duncan Keith

Who did it better?

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That made me chuckle even you probably had a hard time typing that out. If you really believe he isn't a "saint" your word not mine let's agree to disagree. He was a very talented player in my opinion who never played to hurt anyone. I wish he had played with more push back maybe he and his brother would have taken a lot less abuse then.

What you say is all true and sure Daniel can be described as a Saint but the video is what it is.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
svka94eh.jpg

IFlXvj1h.jpg

That blurriest part of the still is a head snapping sideways after a shoulder comes up.

Anyways, if that happened today Keith would spend the period in concussion protocol and likely not return to the game.

It's not a late hit but it clearly targets the head and would warrant a suspension and rightly so.

It doesn't absolve what Keith did later but it's part of the story.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It's not a late hit but it clearly targets the head and would warrant a suspension and rightly so.

It doesn't absolve what Keith did later but it's part of the story.
I finally watched the video on page 1 as it's been years since actual incident. Sedin does hit him a little high but Keith was leaning down and Sedin does try to hit in chest but does hit him in head. However in moment these things happen at speed and Sedin did not play reckless or hit people in head intectualy ever that I recall. What Keith did after was deliberate intent to injure which he did do. However I understand better why Keith did it but doesn't make it right. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Reactions: wetcoast

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Scott for me as lost all respect for Keith after he ran his elbow to Daniel Sedins head. All because he was embarrassed Sedin hit him with a clean hit I might add. Scott was the better player anyway for me.
Okay cause Niedermayer never made a dirty play in his entire career :huh:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I finally watched the video on page 1 as it's been years since actual incident. Sedin does hit him a little high but Keith was leaning down and Sedin does try to hit in chest but does hit him in head. However in moment these things happen at speed and Sedin did not play reckless or hit people in head intectualy ever that I recall. What Keith did after was deliberate intent to injure which he did do. However I understand better why Keith did it but doesn't make it right. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Fair enough, I didn't like either play as both plays could have had drastic consequences.

The Sedin hit had contact clearly to the head, sure old timers will say that Keith was admiring his pass but he was 100 defenseless on that hit by Sedin.

The response by Keith, while somewhat understandable, was just plain wrong though.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Both are craaazy overrated, both are/were dirty players who loved to cheapshot when they couldn't handle their cool.

Keith has to be the most overrated player of this generation, he was good offensively and a fast skater but really not good enough defensively to deserve anywhere near the accolades he got.

Neidermayer wasn't even very good til late in his career and then had only about a 4 year stretch of high level defense.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He was voted for the selke 4 times. Wow.

3 times but yeah and it's been like that for a while. The concensus about that seems to be that it's a Hockey-Reference issue that incorrectly put his brother Rob, a forward's votes on Scott's page by mistake and haven't corrected it.

but i wouldn't put it past the dumb ass voters who thought Scott might have been a forward, either.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Too close. The media would tell you it’s Nieds - he has that Toews like reputation where he’s overrated by the media but I think Keith has a real argument. The thing is with Nieds is he wasn’t elite until he hit 30. Before then he was basically Jay Bouwmeester.

Nieds did have one hell of a peak though. 2005-06 was the best season by any Duck ever - he was out of this world good. Had he played in a more prominent market he wins a Norris that year.

Lolwut?

Niedermayer was like Bouwmeester? Wtf [mod]

Scott had 57pts in 1998 at 24 years old

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
3 times but yeah and it's been like that for a while. The concensus about that seems to be that it's a Hockey-Reference issue that incorrectly put his brother Rob, a forward's votes on Scott's page by mistake and haven't corrected it.

but i wouldn't put it past the dumb ass voters who thought Scott might have been a forward, either.

I assumed it was the voters mixing the two up, rather than the site.

After all, look at history of season all star team voting. They cant even get positions right.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lolwut?

Niedermayer was like Bouwmeester? Wtf [mod]

Scott had 57pts in 1998 at 24 years old

[mod]

You just isolated one season. Until they were about 30 both were good but not elite dmen. Low end number ones/high end number twos in most years who represented Canada at the olympics.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Keith was an animal. He was a much bigger reason for those cup wins than everyone outside of maybe Kane.

I get why Kane was so valuable but Keith in his 3 SC wins has a TOI line like this
28:11
27:37
31:07

Those are Chris Pronger monster type of numbers.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad