Scott Niedermayer vs Duncan Keith

Who did it better?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Almost the same player.

Terrific skaters, defensive stalwarts, winners at all levels, hall of famers for sure, but which one do you think will end up with the best career?

Some say it might be early "because dammit Duncs is still out there putting his body on the line" but let's face it, Keith's career is winding down.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Duncan Keith is a player that actually lived through the "winning reputation" that Niedermayer had, but because people tend to overlook current players in a historical sense, Keith hasn't gotten that kind of credit. He was so integral to any success the Hawks had, whereas I think, while Niedermayer was amazing himself, he had nowhere near the impact that Keith did and was definitely more on the fortunate end.

Reactions: COHawk

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Niedermayer will probably win easily because he's one of the more overrated defensemen ever due to people applying his early 30s play over the first half of his career, when in reality he was a good but not great defenseman until his coming out party in the '03 playoffs. Keith was elite for longer

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I voted to be Scott but I've gotta admit he had better company at his side in both NJ and Anaheim.
Played on 2 of the most broken d pairings of his time.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Scott for me as lost all respect for Keith after he ran his elbow to Daniel Sedins head. All because he was embarrassed Sedin hit him with a clean hit I might add. Scott was the better player anyway for me.

benr

Mar 7, 2011
Scott for me as lost all respect for Keith after he ran his elbow to Daniel Sedins head. All because he was embarrassed Sedin hit him with a clean hit I might add. Scott was the better player anyway for me.

Niedermayer was suspended 10 games for taking a baseball swing at Worrell's head. Worrell missed games as a result of the concussion he suffered. Have you now lost all respect for Niedermayer?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I think your memory needs a refresher if you think Sedin laid a clean hit on Keith and that’s why he was mad. This happened less than 10 min before Keith had the elbow on Sedin

That’s late AND directly to the head of a player who was looking the other way. I know your username has Sedin in it and he’s probably your favorite player but come on man.... take the homer glasses off. Keith lost his cool and took it too far but he was for sure pushed over the edge because he got hit with a dirty hit first.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I voted to be Scott but I've gotta admit he had better company at his side in both NJ and Anaheim.
Played on 2 of the most broken d pairings of his time.
The depth certainly helps in terms of matchups and things like that, but I don't believe he actually played with Stevens or Pronger.

Maybe in the 90's he was with Stevens but I remember Stevens-Rafalski being a pair during their early 2000's runs. He definitely didn't pair with Pronger.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Niedermayer was suspended 10 games for taking a baseball swing at Worrell's head. Worrell missed games as a result of the concussion he suffered. Have you now lost all respect for Niedermayer?

I remember that! I can't think of an instance in which is was so easy to read someone's lips. Worrell's clearly said "What the ****!?" after taking that clubbing to the head. Huge brainfart moment.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Apparently I did miss that and I definitely would not see Scott in a good light either if had known.

I think your memory needs a refresher if you think Sedin laid a clean hit on Keith and that’s why he was mad. This happened less than 10 min before Keith had the elbow on Sedin

That’s late AND directly to the head of a player who was looking the other way. I know your username has Sedin in it and he’s probably your favorite player but come on man.... take the homer glasses off. Keith lost his cool and took it too far but he was for sure pushed over the edge because he got hit with a dirty hit first.

Can't see video's at work on computer but knowing how clean Sedin was I'll give him the benefit of doubt. However I clearly remember Keith running his elbow straight to Sedin's head and he was never the same. No he's not my favourite player either that honor belong to Bure I'm a bit older.

I remember that! I can't think of an instance in which is was so easy to read someone's lips. Worrell's clearly said "What the ****!?" after taking that clubbing to the head. Huge brainfart moment.
Sorry as mentioned above don't remember.

Reactions: thadd

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Apparently I did miss that and I definitely would not see Scott in a good light either if had known.

Can't see video's at work on computer but knowing how clean Sedin was I'll give him the benefit of doubt. However I clearly remember Keith running his elbow straight to Sedin's head and he was never the same. No he's not my favourite player either that honor belong to Bure I'm a bit older.

Sorry as mentioned above don't remember.

Kinda hard to blame you. I can't remember when that was, but it feels like that was something like 20 years ago.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm as big a nostalgia guy as anyone but I feel like as a whole Keith's career has been underrated but especially now as he's tailing down but still playing. Sort of like when people were questioning Lidstrom's legacy in his last season, like "was he ever really that good anyway?"

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad