Scott Mellanby at the Calgary-Arizona game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Who the hell cares? If you can get Yandle for basically Eller... you do it. Especially since that offer also had Vermette included. And getting rid of the Emelin albatross contract.

wont happen, you dont rebuild by trading Yandle for a 25 years old C...

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Someone answer me this? Why in the actual **** would you fly to another city to watch or scout a player when you can just watch them on TV?

Watching players live is a whole different experience.. I'm a big football fan and one of my favorite players is Luke Kuechly and I got to watch him last week in NC and it was crazy the difference watching him live vs on tv. You really get to see how he shifts defensively before the play starts to make the tackles. You don't see that on tv because the camera is focused on the play not the individual players.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure Arizona will be asking for a 1st round picks and several prospects like Scherbak, Andrigetto, Tinordi for someone like Mikkael Boedker and Keith Yandle. You cannot get a top 6 forward and a top 2 defenseman for trash like DD.

I would like this trade:

To Arizona:
Lars Eller
Sven Andrighetto
Tom Gilbert
David Desharnais (throw-in)
1st round pick

To Montreal
Martin Hanzal (can play defensively and is a big fighter)
Mikkel Boedker (underrated two-way winger)
Zbynek Michalek (defensive dman)

Lines:
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Boedker-Galchenyuk-Sekac
Bournival-Hanzal-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Michalek
Emelin-Gonchar
Weaver

Price
Tokarski

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm pretty sure Arizona will be asking for a 1st round picks and several prospects like Scherbak, Andrigetto, Tinordi for someone like Mikkael Boedker and Keith Yandle. You cannot get a top 6 forward and a top 2 defenseman for trash like DD.

I would like this trade:

To Arizona:
Lars Eller
Sven Andrighetto
Tom Gilbert
David Desharnais (throw-in)
1st round pick

To Montreal
Martin Hanzal (can play defensively and is a big fighter)
Mikkel Boedker (underrated two-way winger)
Zbynek Michalek (defensive dman)

Lines:
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Boedker-Galchenyuk-Sekac
Bournival-Hanzal-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Michalek
Emelin-Gonchar
Weaver

Price
Tokarski

The Coyotes can do much better then that if they put Hanzal and Boedker on the market. And if they're rebuilding, they don't want or need players like DD and Gilbert.
Would be nice, but the Yotes would never bite for that

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Someone answer me this? Why in the actual **** would you fly to another city to watch or scout a player when you can just watch them on TV?

Same reason you don't buy everything on line. I have no doubt that they have watched tape, perhaps even the player isolation feeds that follow a player all game.
Tv is great, but it's not as good as seeing it live.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hanzal/Boedker/Vermette would be great up front, though Boedker would be more of a fit than the other 2, we need top 6 wingers. Add Hanzal (would just be great) or Vermette (pretty good too, and a frenchie for whoever thinks it's important...) to that, and our forward core is very, very solid. But, it will be costly, wouldn't mind trading Hudon or Ghetto, even DLR if we get Hanzal, would cringe if we trade Scherbak or McCarron... our 1st have to be involved, perhaps even our 2nd. Add to that a roster player or 2, most probably a center like DD or Eller (Lars probably has more value, but DD still produces more, who knows...)...

But if we get Boedkker and Hanzal/Vermette, I wouldn't mind the price tag (aside from Scherbak/McCarron/Beaulieu, now that would be bad...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad