Scott Mellanby at the Calgary-Arizona game

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone watching the Calgary-Arizona game? I don't want to start anything but there's a clip of Scott Mellanby is at the game.

Judging from our needs: top 6 forward and top 4 defenseman...could these guys be potential Habs?

Mikkel Boedker (can play both LW/RW)
Zbynek Michalek (RD shoots R)

The only catch is Boedker is a RFA probably ask for $4+ mil, although Boedker is only 25 so he fits right in that Subban/Pacioretty/Price age range. Michalek is 32 yrs old and UFA. We have to get rid of our aging defensemen Gonchar, Gilbert, Weaver.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Arizona would be dumb to move Boedker, Vermette + Michalek makes the most sense. Michalek is the only one of the 2 that represents a serious need for our team tho.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Would absolutely love Michalek, fits a need we've had for a long time.

Would obviously love Boedker too, but I don't see him being moved. Boedker-Eller-Sekac would be sexy though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Michalek would bw amazing. So would Yandle, obviously.

Boedker and Hanzel would be great too.

I'd take anything to get Emelin out of the lineup.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Someone answer me this? Why in the actual **** would you fly to another city to watch or scout a player when you can just watch them on TV?

void

Jan 5, 2006
Someone answer me this? Why in the actual **** would you fly to another city to watch or scout a player when you can just watch them on TV?

Because you can't closely follow individual players on TV.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Not much will help when you have the buffoons that mtl has behind the bench.

I get the feeling if Therrien had DD in pittsburgh, Crosby would be second line center

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Nice to know that Mellanby(Asst.GM) considered in the top 1% of hockey evaluators worldwide is watching players that may be available to the Habs. After playing 1431 NHL games and ranking 23 rd OV in that regard and being Captain of many teams & Asst. Captain on others, always a player that left it all on the ice every shift. Needless to say he was respected throughout the hockey world for his tireless work ethic, as usual doing the legwork it takes to insure the Habs are well informed about players health & work ethic(Smarts,etc.) before making any decisions in trades that can effect the Habs immediate or long term future. Just wondering where Senior Vice-President of Hockey Operations Rick Dudley is and whom he's viewing, or Larry Carriere(Asst.GM) and whom he's scouting, as the Habs are gearing up for the playoff run, being 8 points ahead of their pace from last year, when finishing with 100 points in the regular season.

The Habs & their Front Office staff working diligently towards the common goal of bringing Montreal, the Habs fans and Canada another Stanley Cup Championship. Long overdue in this for this Habs fan, and many more probably, Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Let's get the Habs #25 out of the way and #40 overall for all the Montreal teams that have won the Stanley Cup Championships.:nod:

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Pierre Lebrun on tsn video thing and he said the owner of Arizona told their GM to send out meno to the league that everyone on roster is available. Lebrun said they want to rebuild. Currently Yotes are 4th last and should have a shot at McDavid or Eichel.

coincidence? Mellanby at the game.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Vermette for DD...where did that come from? Eklund or Ron Fournier?

Same here...would love to know where this rumor comes from.

I hope those DD for Vermette rumors are true.

Please don't tease!;)

From what websites? (curious!).

DD for Vermette...where do I sign?!

(I'm not that interested in Vermette, but...for DD...YES!! DD alone or DD+_?_...?).

Pierre Lebrun on tsn video thing and he said the owner of Arizona told their GM to send out meno to the league that everyone on roster is available. Lebrun said they want to rebuild. Currently Yotes are 4th last and should have a shot at McDavid or Eichel.

Coincidence? Mellanby at the game.

If I'm the Coyotes' GM...I'm selling a lot for many PICKS and decent prospects.
I'd definitely go for McDavid or Eichel...definitely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad