Value of: Scott Darling

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
yes i'm a leafs fan and here's the logic. the leafs get a top pair shutdown dman which is exactly what they need. he can play on the pk and give hainsey less ice time so he doesn't get worn out throughout the season like he did this year. hainsey would be moved to the bottom pairing where he is better suited. our defense will be much better if we had reilly-pesce on the top pair as opposed to reilly-hainsey. he won't come cheap however. the cost will be nylander, who is expected to command about 6 million, possibly more, on his next deal, which is 2 million more than what brett pesche's making right now. he is clearly inferior to marner and matthews and has a slight possibility of playing C, which can appeal for carolina. if he doesn't become a C, he's just another winger, and we are loaded on the right wing.

frederik andersen is somewhat overrated. for a guy who is noted as the leafs mvp this season, he gives up quite a bit of weak goals and is way to inconsistent. imo he isn't a guy that we can win a cup with. scott darling probably isn't that guy either but he's cheaper by a million dollars and would have to be taken on in order to get peshe.

as for who our starting goalie will be, we can sign someone from free agency or give darling a shot. if he doesn't work out we can waive him.

maybe the 2nd round pick can be removed and it could be them adding the 2nd round pick
And this makes them a better team? With no goalie? Hmmm.

Whose available in free agency?

Andersen is the single most irreplaceable player on the team.

If the Leafs were going to make this move, they should have done it a year ago and gave themselves a real chance at Rasmus Dahlin.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
And this makes them a better team? With no goalie? Hmmm.

Whose available in free agency?

Andersen is the single most irreplaceable player on the team.

If the Leafs were going to make this move, they should have done it a year ago and gave themselves a real chance at Rasmus Dahlin.
we can also trade for a goalie like grubauer

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
And they’re better off like that?

May I remind you that Freddy was in the Vezina conversation until he slumped the last three weeks of the season?

Some people have very short memories.
they probably are better off like that with an improved defense. also andersen would have not won the vezina at all and he wouldn't have been a finalist for sure when there was guys like rinne, rask, vasilevsky, gibson, hellebuyck who had much better stats

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
He was painful to watch this season. I seriously thought "I hope he doesn't start drinking again".

He's the poster boy for "negative value".

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
they probably are better off like that with an improved defense. also andersen would have not won the vezina at all and he wouldn't have been a finalist for sure when there was guys like rinne, rask, vasilevsky, gibson, hellebuyck who had much better stats
No, he wouldn’t have... but the fact he was in the conversation with a month left in the season tells me he isn’t the problem.

He’s their MVP, signed for 3 more years at a good number. Trading him creates more problems than solutions.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No, he wouldn’t have... but the fact he was in the conversation with a month left in the season tells me he isn’t the problem.

He’s their MVP, signed for 3 more years at a good number. Trading him creates more problems than solutions.
if we can trade him and get a good defensive dman, and acquire a different goalie somehow, i'm all for it

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
if we can trade him and get a good defensive dman, and acquire a different goalie somehow, i'm all for it
3 things you never trade to plug a hole:
#1 centre
#1 defenseman
#1 goalie

Pesce would be a welcome addition, but you can’t give up part of your spine to get him. Its one step forward and two steps back.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
3 things you never trade to plug a hole:
#1 centre
#1 defenseman
#1 goalie

Pesce would be a welcome addition, but you can’t give up part of your spine to get him. Its one step forward and two steps back.
fair enough

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
After last season he has no value his contract is awful and he was BAD last season.

You either take a bad contract for him or you attach a pick or prospect to him like a 2019 2nd or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad