News Article: Scott Cullen TSN: First Quarter Awards (Price & Subban Nominated)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=437097

Scott Cullen has come out with his first quarter awards of the NHL season. PK Subban appears to be runner up for the Norris with Karlsson taking the award. Carey Price appears to be third behind Rask and Harding.

This should make for some interesting reading on the mainboard later.. :) Let the Karlsson and Subban crap fest begin.

Edit.. E.J. Hradek just picked Suter for the Norris because he plays in all situations and plays the most minutes and 2 full minutes higher than the next dman Karlsson. If Suter doesn't win the Norris this year HF will implode I think.. :)

Last edited:

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty bad list imo. Suter is probably the top contender for the Norris atm, Bergeron only has 11 points, and Bolland being named before Datsyuk is ridiculous.

Halifaxhab*

This should make for some interesting reading on the mainboard later.. :) Let the Karlsson and Subban crap fest begin.

Edit.. E.J. Hradek just picked Suter for the Norris because he plays in all situations and plays the most minutes and 2 full minutes higher than the next dman Karlsson. If Suter doesn't win the Norris this year HF will implode I think.. :)

God, I hope so! Implode that is.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
A lot of my friends who cheer for other teams, always talk about subban being the best because he has the whole package. Offense, defense, hard hits, first pass, skating, and controlling the play.

he has it all, and is well above average in every area, if not top 3 in EACH.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
This is how it should be, but I'm suprised TSN is actually giving Subban some credit and not hyping up their boy OEL.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Pretty bad list imo. Suter is probably the top contender for the Norris atm, Bergeron only has 11 points, and Bolland being named before Datsyuk is ridiculous.

People will have to learn that nowadays more than ever the Norris is coming with production, that playing time is so overrated..ok Suter is one of the best but playing 36 minutes is just ridiculous imo.

Suter has 14 assists and but a total of 0 goal; -/+ 0

Karlsson has 15 assists but he scored 7 goals; -2

Subban has 16 assists, 3 goals and a +7 diff !

Subban he's not playing for a good team like the Wild he's playing for the average Canadiens... its just funny people sayin he's bad defensively... Suter is +/- 0 and Subban is +7 and he has more points than him, Suter didnt score a single goal since the beginnning.

So its ok to play over 30min per game and some people seems to be really impressed by that thinking its THE major factor to win the Norris but you cant deny the fact that even if Suter is playing more minutes than both Subban and Karlsson they're both having more points than Suter with less time played so...

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
I can't even imagine what would happen if Subban won with Suter finishing 2nd again.. :scared:

Like I said...

Suter has 14 assists and a total of 0 goal; -/+ 0 ; 29:32

Subban had 16 assists and 3 goals; +7 ; 24:53

Suter plays more than him and Subban is still producing more than him and having a better differential, plus the Wild is a better team than the Canadiens.

So I dont see why Suter should win the Norris instead of Subban right now.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Just to show you im not dikkriding Subban I think that right now Ekman-Larsson is probably the best candidate with this 4 goal, 12 assists and +14 differential !

If we talk about ice time then Campbell, Wideman, Macdonald, Byfuglien, Giordano, Greene...etc.. are all better than Subban...it makes no sense.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd rather the Norris be handed out for offense than TOI. Who cares if he plays 30 minutes a game? It's just plain dumb and shows his coach either has no confidence in his other players of they're not good enough.

This isn't the playoffs, it's game 22.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I wouldn't put any stock into anything Cullen says. His scouting is atrocious, and his player assessment is bad at best.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just to show you im not dikkriding Subban I think that right now Ekman-Larsson is probably the best candidate with this 4 goal, 12 assists and +14 differential !

If we talk about ice time then Campbell, Wideman, Macdonald, Byfuglien, Giordano, Greene...etc.. are all better than Subban...it makes no sense.
Interesting.

I didn't know dikkriding had two 'k's. You learn something new every day in these forums.

:laugh:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
If being able to play a lot of minutes and not completely suck at it makes Suter a Norris favourite, shouldn't Bouwmeester have won it ever year?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
A lot of my friends who cheer for other teams, always talk about subban being the best because he has the whole package. Offense, defense, hard hits, first pass, skating, and controlling the play.

he has it all, and is well above average in every area, if not top 3 in EACH.

That's my feeling as well.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The fact that Ottawa is still sucking despite Karlsson being back and putting up points sort of shows how bad he is defensively. He plays huge minutes, yet the team was better last year without him.

I know Anderson was great last year, but if Karlsson is indeed the best d-man in the NHL then hvaing him back should make a big impact.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

So Subban is the only Canadian d-man who's finalist for the Norris trophy, yet he can't even be on Team Canada's top 6?

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
Subban will definately play for team canada at the olympics..Anyone who is saying otherwise is trying to sell a story..You would have to be a racist to not take subban on that team. He is the best canadian defenceman in the NHL. Period...I know that Yzerman is not going to make the mistake and not take the best all around Defenceman available. I mean Subban would play any role and excell and end up on top pairing and top PP after a few games if there is any hesitation at first with him. Subban will lead Canada's defence in points at the olympics mark my words.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
the crazy advertising that wont go away when trying to log in is really annoying!!

anyway,

Subban will definately play for team canada at the olympics..Anyone who is saying otherwise is trying to sell a story..You would have to be a racist to not take subban on that team. He is the best canadian defenceman in the NHL. Period...I know that Yzerman is not going to make the mistake and not take the best all around Defenceman available. I mean Subban would play any role and excell and end up on top pairing and top PP after a few games if there is any hesitation at first with him. Subban will lead Canada's defence in points at the olympics mark my words.

Given everything that's been said about Subban...I'd be very surprised if he's on the team.

Back in the summer, I thought he was a lock...I didn't anticipate a scenario in which either they would not name him to the team or a scenario where he would allow them to not put him on the team by his play.

But now I realize that Subban has to be an entirely different person/player for him to be on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad