Scott Burnside of ESPN ranks Bruins 10th in East (19th Overall)

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
it was the fluke 2013 cup run.
i wished we got bounced in round 1 like we should have.
we would be a top team for a while if not for tor choking.

I won't ever understand the sentiment behind this kind of thinking. That game was one of the most iconic in recent Boston sports memory.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I won't ever understand the sentiment behind this kind of thinking. That game was one of the most iconic in recent Boston sports memory.

It's Boston, where the only thing both the fans and the media like more than winning is to eat their own when they lose.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The only certainties are our #1 goaltender and #1C... They're elite and they'll play elite.

Offense? A lot can go right or wrong. Depends on how much our young guys improved over the summer. Depends on if Krejci and Loui can stay healthy, and if Krejci can rebound. How significant are our new forwards? Do they add a new dimension or are they just replacements for the streaky scorers we shipped out?

Defense? If we don't add a top-2 defenseman, and I'm not counting on that, it's one of the worst in the league. That's enough to put you at 10th in the East.

We're on the outside looking in for sure. We need more defensemen, and we need a LOT to go right with our offense.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Two lottery picks can't wait for TV drawing

It would be a real quick rebuild/retool if we double up on winning the lotto and ended up with two top three picks. Dare to dream

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
It would be a real quick rebuild/retool if we double up on winning the lotto and ended up with two top three picks. Dare to dream

Could you imagine the draft picks those 2 top 3 picks will return in 3-4 years?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I hope to be sellers at the deadline in a sellers market...

Unfortunately last year would have been an ideal time to be a seller. We could have traded Sode, Paille, Campbell and bartkowski at the very least. We obviously wouldn't have received a kings ransom but could have gotten a decent return. Soda may have even returned a 1st. Bubbles teams don't tend to be sellers so I doubt that's in our future either. Erikson is the only expiring contract I can think of off hand and I would think the plan is to try and bring him back.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm quite interested to see what we've got in Connolly this year. Real unfortunate start as a bruin last year. Hoping he finds a new level in Boston.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope to be sellers at the deadline in a sellers market...

We are year too late, only piece we have is Lou and without him we have the thinnest wing group in the league.
One of the worst wing groups+ one of the worst D's in the league means long rebuild.

We don't do any bad signings and we have around 15M free cap next offseason+ ton of assets to use to make huge signings/trades, I'd go with that right now.
Younger players get 1more year to develop in our re-tool year and then we fill up the holes and go fighting 2016(this offseason+trade deadline+ next offseason time to get those players).
So add 1top6 winger+ 1 top D and we can have a great lineup after next season if the kids can step up.
= waste just 1 prime year of Bergeron/krecji/Rask.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Depressing to think this team could still have the following core:

Lucic/Krejci/Seguin
Marchand/Bergeron

Chara-Boychuck
Krug-Hamilton

Rask

No reason to think we wouldn't have Pastrnak either, unless we drafted later than 25 in 2014. I roughly sketched the numbers and this team fits under the cap with a 22 man roster.

That's 60 million for 10 guys no way we could keep them all together

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I'm saying they surprise everyone and finish in the top 8 in the east.

Cup contender?

No.

Surprisingly good standing at the end of next season?

I think so.

I Agree look at the 07-08, 09-10 CLaude is a great coach at getting the best out of weak rosters I think he will do it again next year I predict we finish 6th in the East

We have a lot of young hungry players looking to prove them belong in the league...we may not be the most talented team but I think this team will play with a lot of energy and heart and that will help them compensate for some lack of talent

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I'm saying they surprise everyone and finish in the top 8 in the east.

Cup contender?

No.

Surprisingly good standing at the end of next season?

I think so.

Top 6 for me. They will have a good season and be fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad