WC: Scoring leaders so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Oh no I'm not discrediting him as a player at all. Without that game he still has very respectable points. It's just inflated à la Forsberg's WJC when he had 10 points vs Japan.

I'm sure it's easier to score goals against Japan's WJC team than against Germany's mens team...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Foppa would have still won scoring that year in WJCs even if he had been shut down by Japan.

Not that this relates to anything..

I'm guessing Malkin wins the scoring title.. again.

SkilledViking

May 12, 2012
Oslo
Foppa would have still won scoring that year in WJCs even if he had been shut down by Japan.

Not that this relates to anything..

I'm guessing Malkin wins the scoring title.. again.

No surprise if he does. No shocker if he comes up with 4 points in his last two games;)

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Hopefully an NHL-team buys Thoresen out from his contrat in Russia and gives him a shot at a top six role. Witch teams could he fit in with? Carolina maybe? Winnipeg? Florida?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Hopefully an NHL-team buys Thoresen out from his contrat in Russia and gives him a shot at a top six role. Witch teams could he fit in with? Carolina maybe? Winnipeg? Florida?

Blue Jackets. They cant be any worse than they are now. Also both Shampo and Tollefsen did well for the blue jackets (tbh norwegians only play well for the blue jackets :shakehead Shampo sucked while he played for the ducks and Tollefsen didnt play well for the flyers :( )

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Thoresen makes in Russia 4mln $ minus taxes 13%. No NHL team would give him the equal contract.
He fell short of expectations in Gagarin Cup playoff. In the last round against Dinamo (the future champion) he didn't earn a point

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Thoresen makes in Russia 4mln $ minus taxes 13%. No NHL team would give him the equal contract.
He fell short of expectations in Gagarin Cup playoff. In the last round against Dinamo (the future champion) he didn't earn a point

U have to look at the big picture, not only points. Thoresen is a good two way center/winger and always play great defensively. He got the KHL record when it comes to +/- with +45. He was also a key player when Salavat won the cup. His regular season with SKA was also good. 41 point in 45 games (nr2 in SKA after MÃ¥rtensson) isnt bad at all. A center dosent score as much as a winger. So if u look at Thoresens overall performance in the KHL, then he is one of the best.

Also MÃ¥rtensson and Weinhandl didnt score much during the playoffs. So for some reason the best players stoped scoring.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Malkin has 2PPG and Thoresen has even more... Malkin scored 6+2 vs Sweden and Finland though, while Thoresen scored 4+5 points vs Germany and Denmark.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
My point was that no NHL team will match his KHL contract. Can u imagine that, for example Carolina Columbus or Calgary would sign him for 6 mln $? Even 3 mln $.
He is a good player. He spent his best years of his KHL career in Salavat, when he played with Radulov.
It's interesting. SKA made an offer to Jagr 4 mln$ before this season. He was thinking too long. And SKA instead of him signed Thoresen. Now it's difficult to say was it mistake or not.
Weinhandl is back to Extra League.

LizardKing1

Jan 9, 2012
Helsinki
If your referring to the statement about swedes I can name these defensmen born in the 90s which I think are better than Vatanen:

Karlsson, OEL, Larsson, Rundblad, Hedman, Brodin, Erixon, Klefbom. And that is just defensemen.
:laugh:
Wtf? Definetly not those 8 are ALL better than Vatanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad