3 ERIKSSON Loui 21 SWE F 6 3 7 10 2 +4
4 PACIORETTY Max 67 USA F 6 2 8 10 0 +3
5 ZETTERBERG Henrik 40 SWE F 6 1 9 10 4 +2
6 SKRODER Per-Age 19 NOR F 6 3 6 9 2 +6
7 GOGULLA Philip 87 GER F 6 2 7 9 4 +2
8 KEITH Duncan 2 CAN D 6 1 8 9 0 +7
9 TAVARES John 20 CAN F 6 4 4 8 8 +5
10 EBERLE Jordan 14 CAN F 6 4 3 7 0 +5

So what do you guys think? Which players has overachieved and which ones has underachieved?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Datsyuk and Granlund are underachieving offensively so far. I didn't see all their games, but that's what people say.

Tavares is great as always, kudos to him.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
While the stats are fun to look at, I have never taken seriously Group stage scoring leaders. There are just too many weak sisters in the tournament. For example at one point Patrick Sharp looked impressive with 5 pts, until you realized all 5 came against France and he had none in the other games.

But it is fun to look at. No surprise Malkin is on top being the best player in the tournament.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sweden would like to see some more goals from Alfie in the playoff rounds. Zetterberg can certainly scored more by himself aswell but he's setting up most of the plays for his line, and has been our best forward by a mile.

Thoresen 12p in 6 games is obviously 'overachieving' a bit, but it's all due to the Germany game.

I have little doubt that Malkin will win the scoring race.

SkilledViking

May 12, 2012
Oslo
I agree with the Thoresen-part. 6 of his 12 points came from the Germany game. He was of to a very slow start I think in the first couple of matches , but has stepped up his game in the last few games. But he is still a very good player.

I have not had the chance to see to many games other than the Norway games. So I was just wondering if anybody else had seen something I missed :)

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
I agree with the Thoresen-part. 6 of his 12 points came from the Germany game. He was of to a very slow start I think in the first couple of matches , but has stepped up his game in the last few games. But he is still a very good player.

I have not had the chance to see to many games other than the Norway games. So I was just wondering if anybody else had seen something I missed :)

6 points in 5 other games is still pretty good for Thoresen, look at some of the names that have not been over a PPG. And that is including all games for them, not cherry-picking certain games.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Nja I dnt agree with u. Thoresen crushed the germans spirit. He scored his first goal after 20 sec or something. Number two came after a min. He rly looked great out there and did what we norwegians hoped for :) And overachieving? During the olympics he ended up with 5 assist in four games. In wc 2010 he were the overall topscorer after the first 3 games.

But hey I got ur point. 6 points in one game is just crazy and it had to do with the germans sloppy defense. Still Thoresen scored the most important goals (number 1 and number 2) and gave us a great start!

SkilledViking

May 12, 2012
Oslo
Nja I dnt agree with u. Thoresen crushed the germans spirit. He scored his first goal after 20 sec or something. Number two came after a min. He rly looked great out there and did what we norwegians hoped for :) And overachieving? During the olympics he ended up with 5 assist in four games. In wc 2010 he were the overall topscorer after the first 3 games.

But hey I got ur point. 6 points in one game is just crazy and it had to do with the germans sloppy defense. Still Thoresen scored the most important goals (number 1 and number 2) and gave us a great start!

Of course. Thoresen was a huge contributor to our victory on sunday, no doubt about that :laugh:

He is after all a star in the KHL so of course he has qualities, but I have to admit that 6 points in one single game is pretty much even for him :sarcasm:

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
For Team Canada Tavares & Skinner have been dynamic and incredibly fun to watch. I loved them with Sharp before that line was split up. John Tavares is slowly becoming (in my eyes) one of the most complete players in the world. He does everything well.

Eberle is always clutch when he pulls his country's jersey on. Keith racking up the points from the back end has been great to see.

On the downside, I expected a bit more from Perry & Getzlaf being Olympic veterans. But they haven't necessarily played badly. Some juggling with the other winger has hopefully woken them up. Evander Kane has looked great with them and is relentless in the offensive zone. Incredibly strong on the puck. Still lots of time and of course the most important games are still to come, so we will see what develops from here!

With the additions the Russians have made they will be near impossible to beat. Selfishly hoping for a Canada vs Russia final so we can give it a shot!

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
Rank Name No Team Pos GP G A PTS PIM +/-
1 MALKIN Yevgeni 11 RUS F 7 7 7 14 4 +13
2 THORESEN Patrick 41 NOR F 6 5 7 12 2 +5
3 ERIKSSON Loui 21 SWE F 6 3 7 10 2 +4
4 PACIORETTY Max 67 USA F 6 2 8 10 0 +3
5 ZETTERBERG Henrik 40 SWE F 6 1 9 10 4 +2
6 FILPPULA Valtteri 51 FIN F 7 4 5 9 6 +2
7 SKRODER Per-Age 19 NOR F 6 3 6 9 2 +6
8 GOGULLA Philip 87 GER F 6 2 7 9 4 +2
9 KEITH Duncan 2 CAN D 6 1 8 9 0 +7
10 TAVARES John 20 CAN F 6 4 4 8 8 +5

SkilledViking

May 12, 2012
Oslo
For Team Canada Tavares & Skinner have been dynamic and incredibly fun to watch. I loved them with Sharp before that line was split up. John Tavares is slowly becoming (in my eyes) one of the most complete players in the world. He does everything well.

Eberle is always clutch when he pulls his country's jersey on. Keith racking up the points from the back end has been great to see.

On the downside, I expected a bit more from Perry & Getzlaf being Olympic veterans. But they haven't necessarily played badly. Some juggling with the other winger has hopefully woken them up. Evander Kane has looked great with them and is relentless in the offensive zone. Incredibly strong on the puck. Still lots of time and of course the most important games are still to come, so we will see what develops from here!

With the additions the Russians have made they will be near impossible to beat. Selfishly hoping for a Canada vs Russia final so we can give it a shot!

Gotta love Eberle! An incredibly talented player :) Always admired you canadians and youre hockeyculture. Played in a tournament with my team in Toronto, and when we played in the final it was a huge crowd and the rink was full of people that PAYED (!) to watch us play! Unbelievable for a young norwegian that is used to maybe 20 spectators and all are parents of the players :laugh:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Justin Faulk has been awesome...people will start realizing how good he is soon...beyond him, I have been very impressed with Tavares, Kane and Loui Eriksson

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.

Why? Because he hasn't done a zorro move in this year's wc?

He is still a young guy and trying to adjust to the men's game. Next season he will be in North America so you will see what he is all about.

And while he does represent one of the best and the brightest that Finland has to offer atm, there are a boatload of others that are not that far off.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
I've noticed that Malkin should have one more assist (vs the czechs yesterday). Also Koivu should have one more assist but they gave it to Jokinen instead. And i'm sure tey have missed more than that.. Such a shame IIHF!

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
Well, Gogulla is pretty impressive with 9 points out of 13 total goals. So far he is outplaying M.Goc. Hell, even Hecht was never that good.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Granlund is so overrated its incredible.

I really hope you're not basing your opinion on this tournament only. Granlund's last 3 or so games have been the worst I've ever seen by him. By far. It's pretty obvious that he still has conditioning issues or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad