GDT: Scoreboard Watch - 4/6 - Philadelphia at Detroit 8:00 PM NBCSN, TVA (French)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Wings lose tonight, their Row is 38.
Bruins beat Wings, both teams ROW is 38.

Bruins lose Sat, ROW is 38 with 93 points
Wings win Sat, ROW is 39 with 93 points.

Wings win against Rangers would give them one more ROW than the Bruins.

OK, I see now...thanks. Now I am less hopeful...but you never know.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The optimal solution is clearly a regulation Flyers win, in which 4 Flyers and 6 Wings are hurt ;)

Not badly hurt, like for 3 weeks.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Playoffs or no playoffs, mediocrity should not be celebrated.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
As it stands now and the Flyers end the season on a 5 game losing streak, the Bruins are in the play-offs even if they do not get any pts. out of their final two games.

Best case scenario is a Flyers' ROW and then the Bruins can regain control of the battle for 3rd in the East.

If they can't beat the Red Wings tomorrow night, they do not deserve to be in the play-offs.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I wish the Bruins players would show the same passion we do about this situation :rant:

They have other priorities:

200.gif

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
I wish the Bruins players would show the same passion we do about this situation :rant:

It really seems that way to me as well... Many sports it seems the athletes just take losing to easily. Almost like a shrug of the shoulders and then go to Bermuda for two weeks with the family. The Bruins are saying the right things today, but hearing them it even sounds like lip service. I'm not sure how you could watch the way a Patrice Bergeron plays the game and not be inspired to win. The Hurricanes stink. They have four rookie defensemen. They are 26th in goals for, but then again have given up less goals than Boston.

If the Red Wings win, they will be pumped up I would think tomorrow. They should be tired though and the Bruins are sleeping in their own beds tonight.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
It really seems that way to me as well... Many sports it seems the athletes just take losing to easily. Almost like a shrug of the shoulders and then go to Bermuda for two weeks with the family. The Bruins are saying the right things today, but hearing them it even sounds like lip service. I'm not sure how you could watch the way a Patrice Bergeron plays the game and not be inspired to win. The Hurricanes stink. They have four rookie defensemen. They are 26th in goals for, but then again have given up less goals than Boston.

If the Red Wings win, they will be pumped up I would think tomorrow. They should be tired though and the Bruins are sleeping in their own beds tonight.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with passion or drive with this team. They play hard every night. You can't expect guys to smash sticks and curse themselves out every time they lose.

The issue with this team is that they don't have the horses to compete. The talent on this team is just not there. Too many guys being asked to perform in roles above their skill set. It's just that simple with this team. Bring in some better players and the wins will come.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with passion or drive with this team. They play hard every night. You can't expect guys to smash sticks and curse themselves out every time they lose.

The issue with this team is that they don't have the horses to compete. The talent on this team is just not there. Too many guys being asked to perform in roles above their skill set. It's just that simple with this team. Bring in some better players and the wins will come.

This is a high quality post.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Wings lose tonight, their Row is 38.
Bruins beat Wings, both teams ROW is 38.

Bruins lose Sat, ROW is 38 with 93 points
Wings win Sat, ROW is 39 with 93 points.

Wings win against Rangers would give them one more ROW than the Bruins.

What if the Wings win tonight and the Bruins beat them tomorrow?
Or, if the Wings lose tonight, but the Bruins win tomorrow?

What are the scenarios for make/break for the Bs?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I couldnt agree more.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

I agree 100%.

And I think for some of the players, it becomes defeating knowing that they are getting put in positions they won't succeed in but yet are still expected to.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Scoreboard watching and rooting for out of town teams to help your cause is a loser's mentality. Whatever happens will happen and when all is said or done, this team doesn't really belong in the playoffs. They're a bad team. IT's okay, it happens to the best of teams, but things need to change starting next year.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Obvious roster holes aside, they still have enough talent to be in the playoffs. And they should be, but the team lacks heart, effort, and desire.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Scoreboard watching and rooting for out of town teams to help your cause is a loser's mentality. Whatever happens will happen and when all is said or done, this team doesn't really belong in the playoffs. They're a bad team. IT's okay, it happens to the best of teams, but things need to change starting next year.

Um, no, it actually doesn't.

Why is scoreboard watching "losers mentality"? People should watch and root for whoever they want to.

I want the B's the make the playoffs. I'm a fan. Seems to me too many people have an "armchair owner's" mentality.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003

Sorry Lonnie, we'll close this one down. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad