Schwartz to wear #17 next season

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Hell, I kinda want to buy a #9 Schwartz will they last. Could be a cool piece of memorabilia when he is all said and done.

Terrorsenko

Nov 24, 2011
Columbia, MO
I'd imagine that you will be able to get a free switch of the numbers from the Blues store. You'd think they would have to do that, right?

But, then again more than likely they will say they can't because that is an "old" jersey...

Bummer.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
In 15 years when everyone and their children have a #17 Schwartz jersey, you will have one of the few #9 Schwartz.

Very true and that will be cool.

But my stomach dropped a bit when I first saw this thread. I'm in college so $200 is a big chunk of change for me.

Again I want to stress that it's a cool move and I think it's very awesome that he's doing this.

Jack Bandit

Jan 27, 2014
Illinois
I was on the fence about getting a new Schwartz or Vova sweater. This definitely makes my decision. Very cool move by our future captain!

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Very true and that will be cool.

But my stomach dropped a bit when I first saw this thread. I'm in college so $200 is a big chunk of change for me.

Again I want to stress that it's a cool move and I think it's very awesome that he's doing this.

$200? The legit Jerseys at the mills ice arena are like $150

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
$200? The legit Jerseys at the mills ice arena are like $150

I buy all mine from icejerseys.com. The name and numbers are put on exactly as they are on the player's jerseys (triple stitched). Most jerseys that are found at the Mills and even the True Blue Team Store at the Scottrade Center are only stitched once which isn't like the real jerseys.

Don't get me wrong, the ones at the Mills and the Blues Store are fine, I just like the real deal. Just a personal preference. Anyway, it's a little over $190 after shipping and everything from icejerseys.com.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I went to NHL Store to see how much a Schwartz jersey would cost and they don't even have one for him yet they have some for Miller and Ott..

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I went to NHL Store to see how much a Schwartz jersey would cost and they don't even have one for him yet they have some for Miller and Ott..

Miller I understand as the casual fan would get caught up in the hype after the trade and they could cash in and sell a lot of jerseys.

But Ott... :amazed:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

I did the same thing on the 4th, they still had Halak jerseys :shakehead and I found the Miller & Ott ones as well but no Schwartz. So I got a yellow T with the Note and Tarasenko 91 on the back, plus Tarasenko's home (1st) jersey.

Really cool he'll be wearing his sisters number from now on, will definitely have to get one of those, whenever they come out.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Was disappointed to hear that he had switched jersey numbers because I really like #9 and him wearing it, but when I saw why he had switched, I changed my mind. Pretty cool gesture.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If Sobotka comes back to St. Louis in a year, I wonder if he'll want his old #?

I highly doubt he will play if he comes back. It seems bridges were burnt. We also signed Ott to his salary for 2 years. We have to resign Tarasenko who will get a raise eating up a big portion of the cap hike. Unless Lindstrom doesn't pan out, I don't see where we will have the roster room. Every forward but Lapierre, Lindstrom, Paajarvi and Porter are signed through the next year. Only Lapierre has a definite position whereas 2 of the other 3 will be warming the press box. I doubt that we will not resign Lappy to fit a guy who will only be there for a year. Our young guys will also be a year closer to ready. Even if we do find a roster spot, that still won't solve cap space issue.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If Sobotka comes back to St. Louis in a year, I wonder if he'll want his old #?

Soby's not coming back, but if he did Schwartz could tell him to piss off because he left the team. Schwartz doesn't owe him a thing. Only possibility would be if Jaden asks him to make a large donation to leukemia research or something. Won't happen, but that's the only way I'd give the number back if I was Jaden. Awesome gesture by the kid by the way. I'm sure there are some disappointed people that purchased his old jersey, but I'm sure they understand and respect the decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad