Injury Report: Schwartz Foot Injury

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
That sucks. Not the best time for it as the schedule gets harder, but as far as the lineup goes, it might be the best time with secondary scoring picking up. Maybe while he's healing he'll watch some video and realize that he's a much better player when he shoots more.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Jaskin isn't even tearing it up in the AHL... Why do we use him so much?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Jaskin isn't even tearing it up in the AHL... Why do we use him so much?
He's not tearing it up but he does have 15pts in 18 games played and is a plus 6, that's not too shabby. Plus he has great size and I'm assuming is better defensively than Rattie.

Having said that I really want to see Rattie with Blues sometime this season. I hope they don't trade Rattie btw, he's beefed up now all he needs to do is get better at skating and two-way play and I think the Blues have a gem.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'm wondering if there is a fracture.

That's my guess. He played through it last game. A twisted ankle would have been very noticeable and likely would have caused him to miss the rest of the game. A fracture in the foot, while painful, would still allow for the ability to skate.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Week-to-week and foot injury suggests that it is a fracture. The worry with foot/ankle impact injuries is that they'll require an operation.

These injuries are really eating our cap space :rant:

danglzzz

Mar 2, 2011
How do you guys think the forwards shake out now? I wouldn't mind seeing this at some point.

Jaskin Backes Oshie
Steen Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny Lindstrom
Ott Lapierre Reaves

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well that certainly does suck, but at least Jaskin gets a little more time with the big club. So there's that.

RR10*

We can't just beat the Kings and everything go smoothly. That would be too unBlues like.
This. Tarasenko is great and all that, but Schwartz is really the engine on that line. He might be our best allround forward. Tarasenko does crazy stuff now and then, but you'll always notice Schwartz on the ice. With Blues luck we'll probably see Tarasenko and Schwartz sidelined in the playoffs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This injury will affect our PP, 5on5 and STL chemistry. Only positive thing i can see this is we faced this big time injury now not end of regular season. Thou here is some similarity with last season when Steen get injured.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
How do you guys think the forwards shake out now? I wouldn't mind seeing this at some point.

Jaskin Backes Oshie
Steen Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny Lindstrom
Ott Lapierre Reaves

I'd rather keep SOB together. Either put Jaskin with Lehtera and Frank, or move Lindstrom up on that line, and put Jaskin with Bergy and Stastny.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Wow, week-to-week, that sucks. And just as things were finally rolling along nicely. The Kings should be happy about this, Schwartz had a great game against them.

Steen Backes Oshie
Lindström Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny Jaskin
Porter Lapierre Reaves

I hate foot injuries, ruined Forsberg's career.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Wow, week-to-week, that sucks. And just as things were finally rolling along nicely. The Kings should be happy about this, Schwartz had a great game against them.

Steen Backes Oshie
Lindström Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny Jaskin
Porter Lapierre Reaves

I hate foot injuries, ruined Forsberg's career.

I appreciate fantasy lines, and this might just be a simple oversight, but there's no way Porter is in for Ott. Porter might play in place of Lindstrom or Jaskin, but not Ott.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd rather keep SOB together. Either put Jaskin with Lehtera and Frank, or move Lindstrom up on that line, and put Jaskin with Bergy and Stastny.

As would I. That line is finally starting to play some good hockey. I'd rather just throw Jaskin with Letera and Tarasenko. Plug him in and tell him to drive the net and cause havoc. Lehtera and Tarasenko are good enough to produce even without Schwartz.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
I appreciate fantasy lines, and this might just be a simple oversight, but there's no way Porter is in for Ott. Porter might play in place of Lindstrom or Jaskin, but not Ott.

Ah, good catch. Missed putting him in. That actually made things a little harder. Ott's been good with Bergy and Stastny, methinks. Do you play Lindström or Jaskin on the STL-line? Is Jaskin smart enough to play effectively with them, or do you play him instead of Porter on the 4th line? I personally think Porter's been good enough to stay in the lineup, and I don't think Hitch will play Jaskin over Lindström/Paajarvi against a team like LA.

So...

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Lindström - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Berglund - Stastny - Ott
Porter - Lapierre - Reaves

I'd go with that.

I don't really think MPS fills a meningful role with our team anymore, Jaskin would be better to have as the fill-in/pressbox guy, he's such a more impactful player than Magnus -- but that's another discussion, I guess.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd much rather put Jaskin on that line. At least he brings a physical element. Regardless of who is on that line though, Lehtera and Tarasenko will be doing the heavy lifting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad