Schmidt Suspended 20 Games

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Reactions: VegasKnightlife

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
With the Theodore holdout our defenseman are a mess right now. If not EK trade might need to play Brannstrom.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
our most important player :ha:

I guess Brannstrom might crack the roster after all if he can't get it reduced.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
7 D are signed not counting Shea. Seems likely Sbisa will get a shot at making the team again. Also could see Leslie or Reinhart fill the void for a bit too. Those are not substitutes, but seems likely they won't feel obligated to use Brannstrom more than necessary to fill the void.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Sbisa is UFA. Vegas does not own his rights as they do Theodore.

Yes I realize that but rumors are he's going to get a PTO for camp and no Nate makes it more likely he gets a spot. Hard part is the fact that after 20 games if there aren't a rash of injuries he'll be in the press box or even put through waivers, but if no one else has a clear path to a spot there may be no better option for him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
7 D are signed not counting Shea. Seems likely Sbisa will get a shot at making the team again. Also could see Leslie or Reinhart fill the void for a bit too. Those are not substitutes, but seems likely they won't feel obligated to use Brannstrom more than necessary to fill the void.

Bischoff made some good strides last year, and Whitecloud could be ready to step in.

I don't think Brannstrom is far off from being ready for the NHL though (as long as he gets used to the smaller ice surface). He might be a good option during a 4-9 game stint through October or early November.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Bischoff made some good strides last year, and Whitecloud could be ready to step in.

I don't think Brannstrom is far off from being ready for the NHL though (as long as he gets used to the smaller ice surface). He might be a good option during a 4-9 game stint through October or early November.

Yeah, I don't think we need to sign anyone, even Sbisa as waiver fodder afterwards

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I can't quite understand the fact that 7 Billionth of anything can get you suspended from your job, whether it's sports or cleaning toilets. (Big thanks to those that do clean toilets! :thumbu:)

IMO, instead of a "no tolerance of any kind" of policy, there should be a certain impact amount found that would trigger an investigation. One that actual doctors would admit is proven to "enhance" one's benefit to the sport they're playing. I can't see several Billionth of something making players better than they were without it. However, maybe 0.5% of a prohibited substance would call for a look into the player in question.

Schmidt has always been the same type of player he was in Washington, as he is now with Vegas. It's just that he's gotten a lot more ice time with the Knights to prove how good he is. Doping with anything is not who Nate Schmidt is.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I can't quite understand the fact that 7 Billionth of anything can get you suspended from your job, whether it's sports or cleaning toilets. (Big thanks to those that do clean toilets! :thumbu:)

IMO, instead of a "no tolerance of any kind" of policy, there should be a certain impact amount found that would trigger an investigation. One that actual doctors would admit is proven to "enhance" one's benefit to the sport they're playing. I can't see several Billionth of something making players better than they were without it. However, maybe 0.5% of a prohibited substance would call for a look into the player in question.

Schmidt has always been the same type of player he was in Washington, as he is now with Vegas. It's just that he's gotten a lot more ice time with the Knights to prove how good he is. Doping with anything is not who Nate Schmidt is.

As much as we'd like to believe he is innocent, no one other than Schmitty can say with absolute certainty whether or not he broke the rules. We don't know when he was tested or what he came back positive for, so to speculate is a waste of time until that information is public, if ever.

Honestly, I tend to believe that most guys who test positive are guilty. I am still of the opinion that 90% of NFL & MLB players are still using some sort of PED in one form or another. Why wouldn't they? There are millions upon millions of dollars on the line, and the guy next to them in the locker room is likely doing them. They're competing for very few jobs. Even bible thumping Andy Pettite took HGH, after all.

At this point nobody should be surprised when anyone tests positive. The one truly surprising thing is that only 5 NHL players total have been busted at all. That's not a good look for Schmitty. Bottom line, if he did cheat, he's paying the price, but if he didn't do anything against the rules, it's unfortunate & he'll have a hard time restoring his reputation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad