Injury Report: Scheifele injury hyperventilation thread (UPD: out 6-8 weeks)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This is really bad. Little doesn't have enough skills to create offense against 1st line centers. Scheifele is our bread & butter and our team will be absolutely trash without him.

Did you only start watching the NHL in the last 10 months or so?
Little has been a good 1C from 2011 to present.
When he returned from the early knee injury last year he went on a great streak where he was the teams best player.

.7966 PPG last year. Looks like 1C production to me.
But they may try a few games with Wheeler at C too to spread out the vets among a very young top 6. If he does play with Wheeler then I would expect a return to a more offensive role.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Did you only start watching the NHL in the last 10 months or so?
Little has been a good 1C from 2011 to present.
When he returned from the early knee injury last year he went on a great streak where he was the teams best player.

.7966 PPG last year. Looks like 1C production to me.
But they may try a few games with Wheeler at C too to spread out the vets among a very young top 6. If he does play with Wheeler then I would expect a return to a more offensive role.

No. I respect his achievements in past, but that doesn't change situation at the moment. At the moment he has one good game per five games and it's not simply enough at all. Everyone talks how Laine can't create his own offense, but at least he is way better on it than Little. Little can't create his own offense at all.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Does anyone think that it was his elbow that was hurt and not shoulder ? Not that it would be any better but i thought it looked like his elbow . This sucks big time , the only thing that would help me feel better is if Roslovic comes up and lights it up .

Reactions: GNP

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don’t think this is necessarily a bad thing. I mean it sucks losing Chef but it might be just the thing the team needs to keep them focused at this point in the season. It often seems like the loss of a key player like this actually doesn’t cause a terrible slide for a team. We have a couple players dominating in the AHL right now and this is an opportunity for those guys.

Also, Buff and Enstrom will be back soon to help defensively.

Reactions: Saintb and ps241

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Man woke up this morning excited to read the news and rewatch highlights of a win, followed by a sick deep twist in my stomach when I remember who went down.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I think X , Little, Wheeler could be the 1st line just not sure who could be but on LW, on 2nd line i would like to see Laine, X , Armia Just not sure who could be the C for them. Perreault? Just in this kind of scenario Connor or Ehlers would suffer...man is hard when you have too good team :P

Option 1: Run top-9 equally
Petan-Little-Wheeler
Laine-Perreault-Armia
Connor-Lowry-Ehlers
Tanev-Hendricks-Copp

Option 2: Top-6 loaded
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Laine
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Tanev-Hendricks-Copp

Option 3: Wheeler Centre
Connor-Wheeler-Ehlers
Laine-Little-Roslovic/Petan
Tanev-Lowry-Copp
Perreault-Hendricks-Armia

-Option 1 looks best on paper to me, but Perreault hasn’t played Centre for us in a while.
-Option 2 highly depends on Roslovic succeeding in a 2C role, which would be asking for a lot.
-Option 3 essentially keeps the lineup the same but patches Scheifele with Wheeler, Wheeler with Ehlers, and Ehlers with Roslovic/Petan to balance lines.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Option 1: Run top-9 equally
Petan-Little-Wheeler
Laine-Perreault-Armia
Connor-Lowry-Ehlers
Tanev-Hendricks-Copp

Option 2: Top-6 loaded
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Laine
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Tanev-Hendricks-Copp

Option 3: Wheeler Centre
Connor-Wheeler-Ehlers
Laine-Little-Roslovic/Petan
Tanev-Lowry-Copp
Perreault-Hendricks-Armia

-Option 1 looks best on paper to me, but Perreault hasn’t played Centre for us in a while.
-Option 2 highly depends on Roslovic succeeding in a 2C role, which would be asking for a lot.
-Option 3 essentially keeps the lineup the same but patches Scheifele with Wheeler, Wheeler with Ehlers, and Ehlers with Roslovic/Petan to balance lines.
1. Laine is a RW, period. That being said, you could rotate Armia, Laine and Ehlers to make all of them play their respective positions (EPL, CLA). I have my doubts about Perreault playing center, but we may not get to choose.

2. By far the best option out of these three. Roslovic would have a line driver playing with him, and we could shelter Roslovic and Laine to an extent. The bottom six could be rotated nicely as well.

3. I don't see Wheeler playing C for too long, nor do I like that idea. I'd prefer keeping Wheeler where he is at his best and replacing Scheifele with an actual center.

Combining elements from these three lineups and my own preferences, I'd run with...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Connor-Hendricks-Armia

The basic idea is that Little becomes the 1C that is assigned with the toughest of matchups. We keep the Lowry line together, for without Scheifele, we need Lowry to take an even bigger responsibility over covering the tough matchups that Scheifele usually gets. Since CLT has proven to be successful in that role, I'd like them to remain intact. This way, the second line can be sheltered; Roslovic needs to be insulated, which is best achieved by giving him a line driver to work with (Perreault) and limiting his tough assignments (Laine needs this too, hence why he is the best fit to be the other winger). Connor is the victim of these changes, but he has been on the fourth line in the past, so that's somewhat likely to happen anyway. If needed, we could go Connor-Lowry-Armia and Copp-Hendo-Tanev, but I like that shutdown unit a bit too much to go with those lines by default.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Heart sunk watchin Chef go down, and hope the best for him. Game almost felt like a lose last night. Would love to see Roslo get his chance with the big club. Do not want to see PoMo plug in either Matthias or Dano. If Chef is down for a considerable length of time and this team falters without him, what do the Jets do? Does Chevy look for a rental?

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
1. Laine is a RW, period. That being said, you could rotate Armia, Laine and Ehlers to make all of them play their respective positions (EPL, CLA). I have my doubts about Perreault playing center, but we may not get to choose.

2. By far the best option out of these three. Roslovic would have a line driver playing with him, and we could shelter Roslovic and Laine to an extent. The bottom six could be rotated nicely as well.

3. I don't see Wheeler playing C for too long, nor do I like that idea. I'd prefer keeping Wheeler where he is at his best and replacing Scheifele with an actual center.

Combining elements from these three lineups and my own preferences, I'd run with...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Connor-Hendricks-Armia

The basic idea is that Little becomes the 1C that is assigned with the toughest of matchups. We keep the Lowry line together, for without Scheifele, we need Lowry to take an even bigger responsibility over covering the tough matchups that Scheifele usually gets. Since CLT has proven to be successful in that role, I'd like them to remain intact. This way, the second line can be sheltered; Roslovic needs to be insulated, which is best achieved by giving him a line driver to work with (Perreault) and limiting his tough assignments (Laine needs this too, hence why he is the best fit to be the other winger). Connor is the victim of these changes, but he has been on the fourth line in the past, so that's somewhat likely to happen anyway. If needed, we could go Connor-Lowry-Armia and Copp-Hendo-Tanev, but I like that shutdown unit a bit too much to go with those lines by default.

I a totally agree with this. I think having Connor - Roslovic - Laine would be a defensive night mare. I think they might do some damage but i think they would cost us a game or 3 defensively.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hoping all the best for Scheifele. Just absolutely hate injuries.

This is a team when they figure out if they are a good team or not.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If it is longer term I would bet Petan or Lemieux gets called before Roslovic. Have to wonder if Dano slides in to the fourth line.

Connor-Wheeler-MP
Ehlers-Little-Laine
CLT
Dano-Hendricks-Armia

Who knows. The best part is we have loads of options. I remember when Little went down and it crumbled the team because we could not fill that role - it destroyed the team. We still have a very. very good team even with Chef down.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Heard Maurice mention that the Jets now have a lot of left-shooting forwards but not many right shots. I think that might signal that Roslovic is called up and goes straight into the lineup. I think we might see...

Ehlers - Little-Laine
Perreault-Wheeler-Armia
CLT
Connor-Hendricks-Roslovic

They might flip Roslovic and Armia to keep a bit more balance.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I think I prefer a broken collar bone to a shoulder injury even if he’s out longer. With the collar bone at least you know that once he’s back he’s healthy. With a shoulder he may not be 100% until next season even if he’s back in the lineup.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Seem to remember Chef stepping up in Little's absence that was a driving force turning him into the player he is now. Time for Little to reciprocate and play to the level he SHOULD be playing. I love Little, great player/teammate/etc, but this year has been nothing but a disappointment for him from an offensive output side.

If Chef is out until late Feb/March which is possible, Roslo is up and they begin the process of doing some early deadline shopping to stop the bleeding.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Seem to remember Chef stepping up in Little's absence that was a driving force turning him into the player he is now. Time for Little to reciprocate and play to the level he SHOULD be playing. I love Little, great player/teammate/etc, but this year has been nothing but a disappointment for him from an offensive output side.

If Chef is out until late Feb/March which is possible, Roslo is up and they begin the process of doing some early deadline shopping to stop the bleeding.

Chevy may make a deal, you may be right on. Cause when Little went down last year we got torched on road match ups.

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
shoddy deals for mark but i cant help but think of roslo being that kid john wayne throws in the river lol well only way to learn i guess

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
After looking at the replay a few more times I'm thinking separated shoulder or broken collarbone. I've suffered a dislocated shoulder (along with torn rotator cuff) - and that injury usually occurs when the arm is extended. That was a blunt impact on the outside of the shoulder with his arm in. In any case, I doubt we'll see 55 before sometime in March.

On the positive side, I went to my first ever Moose game last week and Roslovic blew me away with his speed and hockey sense. If he gets a chance, I think he's going to make the most of it.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ and GNP

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I am actually fairly calm about this situation given the depth that has been built in the organization. Scheif will be missed but I think the Jets will be fine. just like they were when Buff and Toby went down. depth is a beautiful thing.
My hope is that we use the depth and not shuffle the deck chairs.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad