Injury Report: Scheifele injury hyperventilation thread (UPD: out 6-8 weeks)

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hope he isn't out long *fingers crossed*

Attachments

• carell NONONONO.gif
    carell NONONONO.gif
    970.6 KB · Views: 6

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
f*** me........please don't be that bad.

Losing your best player bites.

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
All I am reading on twitter are real bad case scenarios. Anyone know of any kind of shoulder injury that would just be day to day?

A recovery time table of 3-4 weeks or less is not the end of the world. Anything more than that though and I'll be worried

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I am actually fairly calm about this situation given the depth that has been built in the organization. Scheif will be missed but I think the Jets will be fine. just like they were when Buff and Toby went down. depth is a beautiful thing.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Ìf it was just a dislocation, he should be back soon.

I imagined so as well but apparently according to google the recovery time of a dislocated shoulder is 4-12 weeks. And here I spent all my life thinking that you can just pop the shoulder back in and go back to doing action and martial arts as they do in movies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I imagined so as well but apparently according to google the recovery time of a dislocated shoulder is 4-12 weeks. And here I spent all my life thinking that you can just pop the shoulder back in and go back to doing action and martial arts as they do in movies.

I've seen players pop it back in on the sideline and go back to playing...

Reactions: JetsFan815

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm guessing, from what I saw on the ice and his trip to the dressing room, that we won't see him on the ice until Louis Riel weekend...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Three possibilities...

Best case... Soft tissue bruising. That would be a couple of weeks or less.

Other (more likely) possibilities....

Fractured clavicle.... Weeks to a few months, depending on the severity (from a non-displaced crack to a complete fracture). A bad fracture and he'll be out a long time.

Acromioclavicular sprain or separation... This could be a mild sprain of the ligaments that would have him out 2-3 weeks, to a complete tear requiring surgery that would have him out for months.

I'm expecting something that has him out a minimum of 4-6 weeks. Could be longer. I hate shoulder injuries.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I doubt it's a dislocated shoulder. It doesn't usually happen with an injury with the force to the outside of the shoulder. A fractured clavicle or a shoulder separation seems more likely, in my view.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
All I am reading on twitter are real bad case scenarios. Anyone know of any kind of shoulder injury that would just be day to day?
Shoulder injuries aren't day-to-day. They can affect functionality for a long time and also linger.

The hope is that he actually won't take too long a time to regain proper functionality. Personally, I'm much more worried about injuries to these complex joints than just some broken bones.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Three possibilities...

Best case... Soft tissue bruising. That would be a couple of weeks or less.

Other (more likely) possibilities....

Fractured clavicle.... Weeks to a few months, depending on the severity (from a non-displaced crack to a complete fracture). A bad fracture and he'll be out a long time.

Acromioclavicular sprain or separation... This could be a mild sprain of the ligaments that would have him out 2-3 weeks, to a complete tear requiring surgery that would have him out for months.

I'm expecting something that has him out a minimum of 4-6 weeks. Could be longer. I hate shoulder injuries.

It could be Lupus ;)

Last edited:

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i havent left the fetal position since i heard he was injured .. why bambi jesus? why??? .. god this sucks

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Shoulder injuries aren't day-to-day. They can affect functionality for a long time and also linger.

The hope is that he actually won't take too long a time to regain proper functionality. Personally, I'm much more worried about injuries to these complex joints than just some broken bones.
A partial fracture of the clavicle might be the best case. It usually heals completely and quickly, if the break isn't severe.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I am actually fairly calm about this situation given the depth that has been built in the organization. Scheif will be missed but I think the Jets will be fine. just like they were when Buff and Toby went down. depth is a beautiful thing.

But HOW Maurice reacts is the really scary part.

Reactions: Ippenator

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Looked like a broken clavicle to me, if so he's likely out until late Feb/early March.

It sucks but we have a couple of young talented C's that our very hungry to come up and show what they can do.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A partial fracture of the clavicle might be the best case. It usually heals completely and quickly, if the break isn't severe.

Agree. A more complicated injury to the shoulder could affect his entire career somewhat going forward.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That would be much better because while healing would take a while, there's no reason he wouldn't gain full functionality and that sort of an injury also shouldn't really linger or start randomly nagging to my knowledge. I'd feel much more comfortable with that.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This injury hurt the Jets the most. I mean, you move Little up so he faces the tough matchups there is no way Maurice is playing Ehlers Roslo and Laine together he wouldn't think they have got enough D. So You break Copp and Lowry up and one of them takes the 2nd line? Neither of them are good enough. Perrault, Roslo, and Laine? What are you guys thinking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad