Scheifele hit on Evans - 4 game suspension PART VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsjetsjets

Jan 11, 2016
Ahahahaha, so you know me through an HF post.
You know judging a person without knowing anything about them is not a sign of being a "good person" either.

But there's one thing I'm not buying......it's blaming Fans for being Fans.
We all know it's a minority that are doing that, they are asshole and we won't change them.

But then the focus is on that minority to make it look like all Habs Fans are like that......your post is a very good example of that. You assumed that I'm okay with it and not a good person for it.

I'm not okay with fans attacking even players themselves personnally but I'm not okay either at blaming "the fans" because a minority of them are jerks
Let me be clear, I don't know you at all other than what I've read from you on here. When you said "If his parents got some heat, it's not all on those dumbass fans.....it's on him for his dumb decision." you took away blame from the fans who threatened the parents and put it on Scheifele. You believe the actions of Scheifele warrant his parents being punished by receiving threats.

I can happily say that I believe anyone who holds that opinion is a bad person, regardless of any other opinion they hold.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
IS football a contact sport ?
Is hitting legal in football ?
What happen if you hit the knee or the head in football ? I will wait that one answer and maybe you'll do 1+1 after this.

Just acknowledge that you love free violence where it results in a injury.
What the f*ck are you talking about? I have acknowledged that I am fine with the 4 games and that it was a bad play on his part.

But are you actually denying that in a physical contact sport some times things like this will happen? Its not the first time and wont be the last. Hell it could be from a player on the Habs that does it nxt. Yet here you are acting like you and your teams shit don't stink from time to time. And thats what I find pathetic.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Are people trying to justify people threatening Mark and his family?..... that's way dumber than defending the hit....Yikes

I would certainly hope not. If its anyone here I would hope they stop. His family has nothing to do with this. Heck even he shouldn't get any more heat.

He isn't a bad person. He made a mistake and will sit 4 games for it....

Thats kinda the end of it for me...

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
I doubt it. Either way, my point stands. I will go with my knowledge over that poster's opinion.

And I recommend stop trying to suppress debate by telling another poster to "frig off". Fake tough posturing is just embarrassing as well, but more importantly it's a bad look, trying to suppress debate.
Lol. Nice try. Keep going all your silliness is worthwhile

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
floating.jpg

Acceleration posture?
hit.jpg

Principal contact and both skates on ice
001.jpg

Preparation for hit
crossline.jpg

Puck crossing the line, late hit?

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

DuckyGirard

May 23, 2021
Funniest day in my life was Jets fans suggesting there’s a league mandated conspiracy...against Winnipeg!
So tell me what team owners are fan's of a cup final of winnipeg? For what reason do you think the league wants such a low rated final?

On what principle do you think the owners want reffing in favour of the Jets?

I'm not saying there's some intense conspiracy against the market, it's just self interest from most of the league.

It's clear at this point reffing is more or less done at the request of the owners.

The NHL is a business it isn't rocket science. Fairness exists up until the point that it makes money.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
His interview is pretty clear. Lol he thinks he’s a victims and it’s hilarious
Whats hillarious are the Habs fans who think they are the victims especially the ones looking up family members of the player and communicating with them.

The threat started with Edmundson and has snowballed up.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I buy his explanation.

Still a bad hit, but don’t think there was intent there.

4 games still makes sense; though I’d be okay was 2 or 3 as well.

His explanation made sense. It completely blows my mind that some people still believe Scheifele somehow decided to let Evans score just so he could level him with a huge hit.

He got caught in an awkward and very unusual position where he had to travel a great distance to try to get to the puck, but also had to try to stop Evans from scoring on an empty net. He chose to hit when he probably should have tried to stick check. I argued he should have gotten 1 game, maybe 2 due to the injury.

4 was excessive IMO, based on other suspensions. I'd have nothing against 4 games if they also treat other dangerous plays with similar or greater suspensions. But I'm not holding my breath.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Listening to Scheifeles presser I’ve lost all respect for him as a player.

1. Zero apology

2. Zero responsibility taken (even the DOPS called out his lie that he was just back checking to stop a goal).

3. Tries to make himself the victim.

what a coward.

I've lost all respect for you. A man is seriously hurt, and you're still banging on your tribalist drum. You sicken me.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wasn't talking about the hit I was talking about the tweet i posted which says the Jets team were chirping the Habs bench after the hit.

why are you booing him ? they are not wrong.

perry DID do the same to tavares. he tried to jump the falling tavares and that choice pushed his knee into tavares' head. As the result of that choice which once initiatied could not be stopped, corey perry made, a split second choice, a player was concussed but because the common interpretation is that his choices directly led to concussing tavares but he didn't mean to, that he gets a pass. I am perfectly fine with every aspect of this. I think that this is perfectly reasonable.

why isnt schiefle ( who is a MUCH MUCH cleaner player than correy perry) afforded the same ?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Whats hillarious are the Habs fans who think they are the victims especially the ones looking up family members of the player and communicating with them.

The threat started with Edmundson and has snowballed up.

I guess if your going to make predatory career type ending hits there are some repercussions. Weird just like real life if you do something illegal. Don’t feel bad for Mark one bit but it sucks about his parents but there are shitty fans from every team. I’ve read fans on here say they hope evans enjoys his brownie at the hosptial. There are trolls everywhere the only legit threat was the illegal hit mark made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad